Free to a good home (Dachsund mix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free to a good home (Dachsund mix)

The people who rent the house next to my office moved out and LEFT this little guy along with a pit bull both chained up in the front yard to starve. Not exactly sure how anyone could do something so cruel, but that's the world we live in. After three days of watching for the owners to return (we did take them food and water) and a phone call to the landlord which confirmed they had indeed moved, I decided the little one should come home with us so we c could try and find him a good home. The pitbull bit the owner of the house and tried to bite me when I went to give him food so he was taken to the humane society I guess. I am guessing this dog is longhaired dachsund mixed with something. He is as tall and long as our shorty jack but just a little bit narrower. We have been calling him Cuby (short for Cuba Libre).

My fiancee is a professional dog trainer and has offered to do a little obedience training with him until we can find him a home. He seems to be pretty smart. Also if it helps rehome him I will pay for his boosters. He is terrific with all of our dogs and our cat. If this needs to be moved to the classifieds will a mod please move it for me.

LOCATED IN BEAUMONT, TX

Last edited by johnpaul; 04-12-2017, 07:03 AM.

Thats a cute little thang
    Hope you find it a good home

Comment

I forgot to add that my fiancee and I travel quite often for work. Also my brother is working in Victoria so I'm sure we could arrange transportation between Beaumont and Victoria. My Fiancee will be going to Athens area for a hunt test the first weekend of May also.

Comment

Let me know if he does well in the house with other dogs. I have little dogs inside. Is he altered? He is a cutie.... What do you call him?

Comment

God bless you and your fiancé for doing this. I just cannot understand how some people can be so cruel and heartless. We just got a puppy at Christmas time, otherwise we'd be all over this. Cute little puppy - I'm sure someone will want him, and he'll have a good home soon.

Thanks to both of you for doing this.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
            Let me know if he does well in the house with other dogs. I have little dogs inside. Is he altered? He is a cutie.... What do you call him?
            He is not neutered. He loves playing outside with all of our labs and our Jack Russell. I don't think he has a mean bone in his body. We haven't brought him in our house yet because we already have 4 that live inside and don't need another. We call him Cuby (short for Cuba Libre ). If anyone who takes him does not think it will work out then I will be happy to take him back and try to find him another home.

Comment

I will say the only problem we have had with him is that he whines and yips/barks if you put him in a kennel. He usually does it for about 15 minutes to an hour but will stop after that. I think with enough time in the kennel though he will eventually give it up completely. When he is out of the kennel free to roam he doesn't make a peep.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                God bless you and your fiancé for doing this. I just cannot understand how some people can be so cruel and heartless. We just got a puppy at Christmas time, otherwise we'd be all over this. Cute little puppy - I'm sure someone will want him, and he'll have a good home soon.

Thanks to both of you for doing this.

Regards,

Dave
                If we hadn't got another JRT this past September I would definitely keep this little guy. We are at our limit of 3 labs and 1 jack russell though .

Comment

TTT for a Great looking dog.
                  Bet he will make someone an "ALLSOME" companion.

Comment

bump for a cool pup. i bet he'll be a loyal partner to whoever saves him.
                    it takes a low individual to drive off and leave your pets or animals.
                    yall get the gold star for the day for taking care of him.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                      If we hadn't got another JRT this past September I would definitely keep this little guy. We are at our limit of 3 labs and 1 jack russell though .
                      Yeah, I know what you mean. We now have 2 dogs (both Schnauzers), and 2 cats - 1 a geriatric, the other one is quite ill and needs a lot of care and attention. I already checked with the Boss Mama, and she said "NO" about adding your little Cuby to our household. I doubt it will take long to find him a good home.

Best of luck,

Dave

Comment

I bet he would also be very versatile being an inside and outside pup since that is how he was raised... any life is better THAN ON A CHAIN.........

Comment

Nice gesture. Hes got the wrong plumbing or Id have a place for him

Comment

Bump for this sweet lookin guy!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                              X