slick trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slick trick

What are y'alls thought on using a viper trick with my traditional setup? i already have some for my compound.

40lb draw weight around 500 total arrow weight.

Thanks.

if they are cut on contact. I would use a 2 blade

Comment

they are cut on contact 4blade with bleeders. i have some 2 blade magnus heads, they are just really dull and i suck at sharpening them.

Comment

I would stick with a 2 blade. Sharpening can be frustrating but it is just part of the trad game. The only cut-on-contact blades I think are hunting sharp right out of the package are Steelforce.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I would stick with a 2 blade. Sharpening can be frustrating but it is just part of the trad game. The only cut-on-contact blades I think are hunting sharp right out of the package are Steelforce.
          GK Silverfalmea are the sharpest out of the box broadhead there is. He may not want to spend that much $$$ for broadheads though!

It really does not matter though cause after you shoot them at a critter, you have to be able to resharpen them to be able to use them again.

Bisch

Comment

I too would use the two blades broadheads. Just have someone to sharpen them for you and maybe teach you how to do it.

Comment

I would stick with the 2 blade. I shoot the 4 blade Magnus Stinger, but I'm shooting 55lbs and a 650 grain arrow.
              Last edited by Phillip Fields; 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Two Blade for myself, have used Zwickey no mercy 4 blade but still prefer the two

Comment

I've shot the 2 blade Magnus Stingers through a few animals and they are shaving sharp right out of the package. I loved Slick Tricks when I shot a compound but tried some Razortricks with my trad bows and was not impressed at all.

Comment

I wouldn't use them out of your set up.

If your Magnus heads are dull or dinged up, send them back and they will replace them. Works like a charm. The info for doing so is on their website.

Comment

thanks for the input fellas. I'll leave the tricks with my compound and get the magnus's sharp before season gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        I wouldn't use them out of your set up.

If your Magnus heads are dull or dinged up, send them back and they will replace them. Works like a charm. The info for doing so is on their website.
                        Since when do they replace dull heads? I know they have a lifetime warranty on their heads and if you bend one, or break one, or something like that they will replace them..........but I never heard of them replacing them just because they were dull!

Bisch

Comment

Buy one of those Accu-sharp tools its a no brainer and gets them pretty sharp.

Comment

I like the razor tricks. If they came in a 2 blade I would use them.

Comment

Working...
                            X