Alazan bayou wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
    My son was drawn for the youth hunt out there this weekend. He got it done taking a big 7 pointer over in the experimental forest

Congrats to your son was he hunting on one of there roads or in the thick stuff ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He was hunting one of the piplines

Comment

He was hunting one of the piplines
        You by chance post a picture of him and the deer on the Texas Public Land Hunting FB page?

Comment

Yes, sure did. Was having trouble trying to post a pic here

Comment

Yes, sure did. Was having trouble trying to post a pic here
            I saw it (I guess you probably know that though LOL). It was a very nice buck. Congratulations to your son.

Comment

My son was drawn for the youth hunt out there this weekend. He got it done taking a big 7 pointer over in the experimental forest
              Pretty sure I talked to you Facebook as well. Was the buck by chance behind a doe?

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
                Pretty sure I talked to you Facebook as well. Was the buck by chance behind a doe?
                No, he walked out by himself

Comment

Hogman, how did this hunt go ? Were there any nice bucks taken ?

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
                    Hogman, how did this hunt go ? Were there any nice bucks taken ?

There was a real good 140+ one taking on the youth hunt the weekend before our hunt and one big one taken on Wednesday in the alazan bayou and a few smaller bucks hogs and some does I shot a small doe in the experimental forest and that was the only deer killed in there the weather conditions weren't so good would love to try it again in better weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks hogman. At least you took home some meat !

Comment

I'm ready for them to open back up so I can get back out there!!

Comment

Me and you both, Robert. The weather should be great this weekend !

Comment

I'll be out there this weekend looking for a doe. Never hunted there so it will be more of a scouting trip than hunting. If anyone has any pointers feel free to PM and let me know. I wasn't expecting to have already killed all of my bucks elsewhere this early.
                            Last edited by SolocamShooter; 11-08-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Solo, you do know this is the perfect scenario for a big boy to walk out on you ?

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
                                Solo, you do know this is the perfect scenario for a big boy to walk out on you ?
                                Yes I do and it wouldn't surprise me

Comment

Working...
                                X