No announcement yet.

Angelina National Forest 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean about the squirrel hunters. My first opening weekend hunting down there I had a couple come through shooting up into the trees within 75 yards. That's when I decided to start wearing orange even sitting in a treestand.

Comment

Put my cameras out last week. If I have any good bucks on cam I will post them after opening weekend. I am on the north side of the lake near 83 and 705.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
        Put my cameras out last week. If I have any good bucks on cam I will post them after opening weekend. I am on the north side of the lake near 83 and 705.
        That's near me, We stay down 705 before Powell park.

Comment

Opening day was spent mainly checking cameras and looking for hog sign. Camera was loaded and no hog sign, zero.

Actually had pics of deer nearly everyday. One buck appeared 4 nights in a row around Labor Day and not again until 25th. Attached a pic. He had a young 4pt with him. This buck was still in velvet the first of Sept. Lot of doe activity between 9 and 10am through the month.

We still do not know where the bigger bucks are hanging out. I imagine they will show up later when.
          Attached Files

Comment

nice pic boss!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
              That's near me, We stay down 705 before Powell park.
              So we live close and hunt close. Feel free to drop by the camp for a beer sometime.

Comment

Is Angelina a postcard hunt, drawing or do you just need APL?I couldn't find info on the parks website about obtaining a hunting permit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaFountainBow View Post
                  Is Angelina a postcard hunt, drawing or do you just need APL?I couldn't find info on the parks website about obtaining a hunting permit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Nothing but hunting lisence unless you are hunting the part that is also wma. Different rules than county so look on the forest service website for details.

Comment

I don't see the Angelina get talked about much on here. We had a 250 acre lease surrounded by it that had great deer, planning to make a few trips up there this year.

Comment

Anyone hunt ether side of hwy 147 north of the bride. We used to a long time ago. Just lost my lease thinking of trying this area.

Comment

Great deer

Comment

Where did he come from.
                          Finally bowhunted today. 7:00am to 2:00pm and saw a spike and a doe. Two trail cameras had more than a dozen different bucks and not enough does. Only two shooters in the bunch.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by RogerBTX; 11-02-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

First buck following a doe I have captured.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cool Pics, Good Luck!

Comment

Nice cool pics ANF has some good deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X