Hand-me Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand-me Down

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a decent hand-me down digital camera that won't break the bank? My 15-year old loves photography and we'd like to get her one if we could afford it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Pablo

Pawn shop or eBay?

Comment

I would look on adorama.com. They sell used slrs cheaper than what you would get the new one and they have also gone through that specific camera and labeled in the description anything that is wrong with it. If you have any photographer friends you could also reach out to them and ask when they plan to upgrade. Once they do you will know you are getting a good camera from someone you trust.

Comment

eBay, make sure the seller has at least 100 positive feedback. Know what you want and a price. You can get a D3200 which also does video and a lens for less than $300.00. If you kid sticks with it, get better glass, if not sell on eBay for $250.00. You are only out $50.00.

Comment

Facebook Marketplace too. There are tons always listed around us with people upgrading and what not. Usually some decent packages with a few lenses and extras for good prices.

Comment

I took photography in college. There was a photography store in town that would sell students cameras and then buy them back after the semester. They were a little above entry level and good priced.

I also got a good one at a pawn store.

Comment

Great advice. Thanks, guys.

Comment

My wife has a Nikon dslr she was selling, I’ll find out the model and pm you info.

Comment

What do you look for in entry level cameras?

Comment

Great Site for Used Cameras

usedphotopro.com

I've purchased used cameras and lenses from this site. Never disappointed yet

Comment

B&H and Adorama all have used camera and both of them are trustworthy dealers.

Keh.com is dedicated to used gear and has great prices, never purchased from them though

What's your budget?

Comment

Buy & sell used cameras, lenses, gear, & other photography equipment at KEH Camera's online store. Save up to 40% off retail price & get a 180-day warranty.

I've always found my stuff locally but use this website to get prices down. People are proud of their photography stuff and always think it is worth more than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                          https://www.keh.com/

I've always found my stuff locally but use this website to get prices down. People are proud of their photography stuff and always think it is worth more than it is.
                          tell me about it!

Almost as bad as guns... "I paid $2000 for this 5 years ago, shutter count is only 89,524,369. I just want to get my money back, will take $1995 for it"

Comment

Donpablo I’ve got a Canon Rebel you can have. I used it some years ago and then loaned to to my daughter who has now become a professional photographer. This is what she used to learn. It’s older and it’s I think about 5 Meg pixels (which is not much by todays standards but its a good camera.

I just noticed it doesn’t have the batteries or memory cards with it. But they can be had pretty cheap.

You can have the camera, lense, charger, case and manual. You just pay for shipping, and tell her I said to try her hardest to learn as much as she can.

How’s that for a deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                              Donpablo I’ve got a Canon Rebel you can have. I used it some years ago and then loaned to to my daughter who has now become a professional photographer. This is what she used to learn. It’s older and it’s I think about 5 Meg pixels (which is not much by todays standards but its a good camera.

I just noticed it doesn’t have the batteries or memory cards with it. But they can be had pretty cheap.

You can have the camera, lense, charger, case and manual. You just pay for shipping, and tell her I said to try her hardest to learn as much as she can.

How’s that for a deal?

I guess this deal wasn’t good enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X