Fishing around Port A/Corpus Christi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing around Port A/Corpus Christi

Okay all here is the deal, gonna take the GF down to do some fishing the first week of June. I want to get her on some good fish and it's been a few years since I've hit it hard. She loves to fish and if I can get her hooked on the coast, I'm in like Flynn.
    What has the water been like? Stained, clear?
    What have y'all been finding to be a good pattern?
    Do you think it will last?
    Any other clues will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Take her on a guide.

The water changes so much depending on wind. Last time I was down it was stained but green where I was one day and mud the next. Then clear in another area.

The pattern I found was top water was key.

Comment

Thanks, she and I both love the top water bite.

Comment

go throw topwaters in the surf, should be good as long as the surf isn't too bad.

Comment

As blackfin stated the wind will dirty the water quick. I am going down there this weekend into next week and plan on ripping lips. Can let you know what we did next week. I cheat a little I have a son living in Port A he keeps me on the fish when I get there

Comment

Get ahold of stickman and or poco and let her have a blast

Comment

I'll be there Sunday and Monday. I'll be fishing Baffin Bay--- - kleberg point, Pensacal pt and starvation point. Should be a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                As blackfin stated the wind will dirty the water quick. I am going down there this weekend into next week and plan on ripping lips. Can let you know what we did next week. I cheat a little I have a son living in Port A he keeps me on the fish when I get there
                Please do, I have a feeling after the storms things have changed from the last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                  I'll be there Sunday and Monday. I'll be fishing Baffin Bay--- - kleberg point, Pensacal pt and starvation point. Should be a great weekend.
                  Good luck

Comment

Best thing we did was take the jettyboat over to the north jetty on Sat. That may be a good trip with the girlfriend; you get to ride a big boat and do a little fishing also. We caught two nice kingfish; biggest 46" and a small spanish mack using large stick baits with wire leader on the surf side.
                    Just make sure you take everything with you that you will need. No water, restrooms, ect over there.

The surf may be going good the first week of June also if the water stays clear. We never fished the surf last week.

Comment

Joe’s Crabshack on the way back. When the wind is outta the South, its kinda tuff on the jetties or off the beach. Irie’s, Trout Street, or Whataburger on Port A.

Just drive down on the Padre seashore after dinner, fake like you are baiting a line, drink wine and make love...Hooked fer sure!

Comment

Working...
                      X