Clear All

Great family times. Congrats!

Comment

Thanks amigos. It sure was a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gar balls or tacos?

Comment

You sir, knows how to do family time right.
          Congrats to you and your girls..

Comment

What kind of hooks are you using

Comment

Nice day there Ray, nothing better than family time and great fishing. Congrats!

Comment

Man o man!!! Way to go Ray!! What do y'all use for baits? I might try this in the lower Trinity... Heck we got miles of river frontage, but all I ever try is bowfishin'... might have to give the rod/reel a go!

Comment

Can you tell me about the rig set up? What are you using for bait?

Comment

My rigs are real simple. Heres what works for me. Not saying its what everyone should use cause theres a lot of other people out there that catch them on other rigs.

Line....
                    I like 40lb test mono or 60lb braid for my reels.

100lb Snap swivel attached to my main line.

Leader...
                    I use about a 20" piece of 110# single strand wire AKA piano wire. I twist a loop on one end and on the other I twist on a single 7/0 mustad ultra point hook. (Nothing light duty)

The waters I fish we don't have current so I don't use a weight. If you have current then simple use a pass through egg weight above the snap swivel. This will let the fish run freely and not it dragging a weight.

Bait....
                    Mullet, shad, carp, buffalo are probably the best but we've caught them on many other baits even hardhead catfish. Lol

You can also attach a float if you wanted to suspend your bait. Make sure its big enough to hold your bait up.

Again folks, this is simply what has worked for me. Some people use a big treble hook instead of the single hook. Its basically preference.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Man o man!!! Way to go Ray!! What do y'all use for baits? I might try this in the lower Trinity... Heck we got miles of river frontage, but all I ever try is bowfishin'... might have to give the rod/reel a go!

Charlie, I have never fished the Trinity and have always wanted to. Let me know if you ever need a weekend bud to fish with. Its a ways from me so Id need to plan ahead of course. Im sure momma would be ready to go also.

Ray

Comment

Now this made my day!!! Looks like fun.........and heck you even had Bayou's twin on the boat making sure you mere humans got the job done correctly!!!
                        Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                        They are actually pretty good eating. Now there are easier things to clean but they are good eats.
                        Excellent eating actually!!!!

Comment

Way to go girls.
                          Good to see the family fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Now this made my day!!! Looks like fun.........and heck you even had Bayou's twin on the boat making sure you mere humans got the job done correctly!!!

Excellent eating actually!!!!

Lol!! Id love to have Bayou and Archie meet one day. I bet they would have a blast together.

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
                              Lol!! Id love to have Bayou and Archie meet one day. I bet they would have a blast together.

I'd have to bring their brother Diesel.

Ray, who is the skinny lady with the HUK shirt in the next to last pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                                I'd have to bring their brother Diesel.

Ray, who is the skinny lady with the HUK shirt in the next to last pic?

Lol! Thank you for noticing Froggy. She has put in a bunch of work the last few months to shed the weight. We both have.

Comment

Working...
                                X