Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spraying foam insulation on metal building with insulation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a metal building that has the white roll insulation inside of it. Can I spray over the current role installation that comes with metal buildings, or do I have to take that out to spray the foam insulation on the metal. What is the price per square foot have the open sell and close sell per square foot for a job of 1000 ft.²

This was discussed in an earlier thread ... I think I recall someone saying that it caused problems if you sprayed on top of the rolled insulation.

Comment

If you already have insulation in your building you may look into metal building reflective roof coatings.

Comment

The contractors messed up my insulation in my house. They had to hire a company to come drill holes and foam fill it. It fills in the gaps and even pushes the old insulation out of its way of expansion. I don't see why it would hurt to spray right over the existing insulation. Watch this video and they show the old insulation getting filled with foam. They drilled my house from the inside. Way easier to match paint than brick mortar.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I don't think the roll insulation could handle the weight of spray on top. I would think it would sag and pull away from the metal.

Comment

I spray foam and I would recommend taking it out before spraying. That just leaves room for problems down the road.

Comment

Agree with bow tech 8. Sent a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtec8 View Post
                I spray foam and I would recommend taking it out before spraying. That just leaves room for problems down the road.
                This would be correct.

Comment

Working...
                X