New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Well we are starting this thread a little late, but better late than never! If you are tired of being tired, out of shape, out of energy, unmotivated or your in the best shape of your life this thread is for you. We will utilize this thread to motivate one another, discuss all levels of fitness, get info on supplements, be a cheerleader or be an asset and a free trainer for someone. I am by no means an expert but I am a guy who has power lifted and worked out off and on for 32 years and I have some knowledge. My oldest son is fixing to be a certified trainer and he can add a lot of insight as well. Psdryan has been on the boat for a long time and I'm sure he will be one of our biggest sources of knowledge and inspiration. So if your ready to make a change in 2017 this is the place to log workouts, get advise and information and most importantly- connect and be held accountable! God Luck and God Bless!

I'll start, I am working legs and biceps as I type this am. Started taking a pre workout on Monday and it has made a huge difference! I am motivated and have energy again! Bam

I'm in again. I've dropped the heavy lifting lately to focus more on functional fitness. Lately I've been using the madbarz app, which is a bunch of prescribed (and free) bodyweight workouts. As a long time heavy lifter, I've always looked down on bodyweight stuff, but I've been seeing improvement in my overall fitness from it.

Comment

Put my story on here a while back I have dumped over 160 pounds in last couple years by working out and eating right. My main workout is running 5-6 days a week with some cross training (mainly body weight) in between.
      Ill knock out a 6 mile run during lunch today.

Comment

Originally posted by texanhoyt View Post
        Put my story on here a while back I have dumped over 160 pounds in last couple years by working out and eating right. My main workout is running 5-6 days a week with some cross training (mainly body weight) in between.
        Ill knock out a 6 mile run during lunch today.
        Man that is awesome! You sir will be an inspiration to many on here including myself. Great job!!!

Comment

I'm still in...

I never really quit, just haven't posted on here in awhile. I had my gall bladder removed in late November so that set me back a month and a half. I lost 9 pounds due to that surgery, which on my frame (6'3/225) before surgery, made me feel like an Ethiopian. Then work gets in the way. I'm back at it hard this week. The goal is 230 and 12% BF.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lift-things-up-and-put-them-down-o-s.gif
Views:	3
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	24482028

Comment

I'm in, again, too. I dropped off last year because the last portion of my year got hectic. Excuse, I know, but new baby, injury, move to a new house, injury, holidays, sick (in that order, no joke). But, I have a new garage gym setup, I train almost every day on my lunch break, and I'm planning to run a few different races this year. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I was hoping this thread would pop up. The 2016 thread kinda died away. I haven't slacked a bit though. Leg day today!!

Comment

Lets have some fun with this. I am a fitness instructor in Abilene. Taught for 13 years. I've ran 14 half Marathons and 2 full half marathons. I lift 5 days a week. About to try cross fit on a regular basis for the first time. Interested to see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  I was hoping this thread would pop up. The 2016 thread kinda died away. I haven't slacked a bit though. Leg day today!!
                  I searched for it the other day too.
                  I'll hit everything in a few hours.Hope to get in some heavy bag work as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I got me a little walk in early this am. Dropped my son off at the high school and went to leave and the truck died. I was out of gas but the gauge showed 1/4 of a tank. It has done this before but it's been several years ago. The walk was not bad because there is a gas station right by the school. The problem was I had on slip ones with no socks and it was like 30 degrees.

Comment

Lol! I did arms in the small gym..Squats,and shoulders in th big gym..Heavy bag work was minimal..I was gassed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been doing a little reading on supplements for my 15 year old and it looks like we could all use a little vitamin D3. Carry on!

Comment

Chest and shoulders for me today, tomorrow will be a rest day. In another month or so I'll switch to almost all cardio work for the summer then hit the wrights again in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Legs this evening & cardio

Superset:

Leg press 3 sets of 85
                            Barbell squat 3 sets of 20

Leg extensions- 3 sets of 20 with partials to failure at the end.

25min cardio. Probably do treadmill

Comment

Saturday was a good day....

I did some things that I didn't get to do during the week.

Shoulders
                              Seated Arnold press 4X10
                              Lateral raises 4X10

Chest
                              Incline bench press 4X8
                              Seated wide grip press 4X8
                              Incline dumbbell fly 4X8

Back
                              Intermediate grip low row 4X10
                              Seated lat pull down (plate load) 4X8
                              Bent over row 4X8
                              Weighted narrow grip pullups To failure

Decline situps 4X10
                              Incline leg raises 2X10
                              Hanging leg raises 4X8

I had to stop with the shoulders. I'm having issues with my left arm. Can't figure out if I have an impingement in there or what. Really affects my bench as well. When lifting the bar off during bench press, my left arm nearly collapses. It just quits on me for a second.

Today

Legs
                              Weighted box squats 4X10
                              Leg extensions 4X10
                              Leg press with sled 4X10

Back
                              Lat pull down machine -plate load 4X10
                              Bent over row 4X10
                              Weighted narrow grip pullups to failure 3X8

Incline situps 3 X10
                              Hanging leg raises 4X8 (very slow on the eccentric)
                              Crunches 4X10

Tomorrow is chest and hamstring day with calves. YAY!

Comment

Working...
                              X