No announcement yet.

So, What Would You Say...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its cool seeing them get that old. I was fortunate enough to kill a 10 year old buck last year that I have sheds and tc pics from 2012 on as well. We estimated he stayed within 10-12'' each year until I killed him.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
      I would be curios to know your “tell”. I’m horrible other than looking at horns to tell if it’s the same deer. Without out any history and a couple pics he would be a little tricky. A ton of old man features with a 3 year old body. I had seen all of the previous pics over the years so i had a pretty good idea of who it was. So question is would you shoot him if you saw him? Not sure where your other buck came from.

Besides brows and frame shape...

He’s had these little defining characteristics through the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Besides brows and frame shape...

He’s had these little defining characteristics through the years.

Yeah i see them now and the nose would be a easy one. I fly through pics because i am impatient so I need the easy signs.

Comment

cool thread.

Comment

at this point I'd let him live out his life. he escaped you for however many years, and I don't see him doing much breeding.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
              at this point I'd let him live out his life. he escaped you for however many years, and I don't see him doing much breeding.
              I’ve killed my one buck in this county. He’s safe from me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                Hell you say that like him breeding would be a bad thing. Did you see his width at 5.5? Combined with the right doe, I'd say give it hell old man!

Comment

I don’t think he will live another year on his own. He looks 7 to 8 yrs old definitely going down hill

Comment

Working...
                  X