Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I get my own place I will be doing some of these "Permanent Plots". Thought I would share because I would love to see how they work out.

Comment

Well, look who showed up already!

Notice the pattern of his arrival times - he got a whiff of the hog wild powder and corn I threw out, and he's an instant regular.

I'm going to try to make it out there on Sunday evening to pull an all nighter with jkuroski1973 and nail him!
      Attached Files

Comment

take out the coon too!

Comment

I'm also thrilled to report I got my front once acre cleaned up yesterday evening, along with the thin strip that leads back to my main acreage. I will post better pics of the completed work (it was dark out before they finished), but here are a few teasers!
          Attached Files

Comment

a little at a time....seems I like busting butt at my place..but just can't find the same feeling reward at home...hummm....

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
              1. Thank you so much for enlightening me as to the existence of a tractor that doesn't cost a fortune!! However, my soil is very sandy, and a 2WD truck can easily get stuck. Do you think a tractor like this can do it's job in such soil, or would I need a 4WD tractor?

2. I have solid faith that my TBH brethren bring multiple centuries of collective beer drinking experience to the table!

3. I have not been yet (I joined the GS at the beginning of the year), but it sounds like a blast! When it the next one?
              I have a 40 hp massey. It has never had a problem as far as getting stuck and it is 2WD. I have had it down on the trinity river sand bar and no problems. You should be fine with a 2WD.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                I have a 40 hp massey. It has never had a problem as far as getting stuck and it is 2WD. I have had it down on the trinity river sand bar and no problems. You should be fine with a 2WD.
                Good to know! Now I just need to find myself an afforable little tractor (9n or something like it) that can pull around the shredder Stan and Bruce were so awesome to send my way!

I wonder if there are any affordable old tractors like the 9n that have a frontloader on them also?

Comment

Craigslist has some that bolt on...

Comment

zf7pt-4025079692@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-08-25, 2:13PM CDT
                    Ford 8N Tractor - $1200 (Jacksonville)

image 1image 2image 3image 4
                    Runs good needs some TLC
                    Converted to 12 volt and spin on oil filter
                    I just do not need it anymore

90three-31six-two607
                    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                    Posting ID: 4025079692 Posted: 2013-08-25, 2:13PM CDT Updated: 2013-08-28, 5:27PM CDT email to a friend

Comment

I swung by the ranch earlier and got the feeder fully fixed up now! Here are a few more pictures of how nice and mowed down the front acre and thin strip are.

Comment

I just realized the pics never uploaded, hehe.
                        Attached Files

Comment

One more
                          Attached Files

Comment

Last one
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. Subscribed.

Comment

Following this thread. Looks good

Comment