King Ranch Nilgai Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickman View Post
    Awesome pics and recap. Do you have a link for hunt specs/pricing?
    Lets do a hunt Chris. Im in if you want to get a group or just need some one to go with you.

Comment

Nice, curious on outfitter also

Comment

Thank you everyone, here is the link...
        King Ranch is the premier hunting destination for whitetail deer, nilgai, turkey, feral hog, javelina, and other game. King Ranch conducts its hunts in a free-range, low-fence, fair-chase environment, offering great opportunities for both experienced and novice hunters. As outlined below, we offer both Day Hunts and Package Hunts for both rifle and archery hunters. While most of our hunts ...

Comment

Congrats....that is a hunt that is still on my bucket list.

Comment

I did that last year, its a great time and well worth the price in my opinion. Spending time on such a nostalgic ranch was worth it alone.

Comment

Awesome bull and great recap to a fun hunt. I keep saying it but it's on my list.

Glad to see there was no debate as to if you had enough gun or not. Curious, did you get a pass through with that round?

Tradslam, you can hunt them with a bow and on the King at that. Here's a video from one of our own taking one. Here's a TBH'r and one of the better video contributors. This is his hunt a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                This hunt is so high on my list, what are the odds of bow killing one?
                From the King Ranch website:

ARCHERY HUNTS
                King Ranch conducts its fair chase archery nilgai hunts on over 35,000 acres that are managed primarily for bow hunting. Nilgai range over very large areas and are not bound to a single pasture. However, their movements, watering locations, and fence crossings are fairly predictable. They’re frequently found in areas with deep sandy soils within the largest contiguous live oak motte in the State of Texas.
                The day usually begins hunting the fence crossings. These are great spots to intersect a nilgai traveling from their bedding to their feeding areas. We use ladder stands positioned downwind of a trail we have identified as an active crossing location. These are also great locations to view all types of wildlife.

One of the most popular methods is hunting in a ladder stand adjacent to a waterhole. The 15-35 yard shot opportunities are incredible when the conditions are right. A third option for the experienced bow hunter is spot and stalk style hunting. This type hunt is for those hunters that are comfortable with and capable of shots of over 35 yards. These hunts can only be attempted when the winds are at least 15 miles per hour or higher to mask the guide and hunter’s scent and movement. These hunts are very productive, usually starting in March and going all the way through Fall

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                  I don't think most outfitters will allow it. They usually won't let you rifle hunt with less than 7 mag.

Look at the link posted for the King ranch, they offer a bow hunt package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"Glad to see there was no debate as to if you had enough gun or not. Curious, did you get a pass through with that shot."

Yes complete pass through both shoulders with the Barnes, guide was surprised with the bullet making an exit, he said most of the time they will stick under the hide on off shoulder.

Comment

Congrats on the hunt and thanks for the recap. Enjoyed the read.

Comment

Congrats. Nice recap of the hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I sat in one of their bow blinds a few weeks ago. It is ladder stands set up over water tanks. Most shots would be under 35 yards.

A week before I hunted, three bow hunters all killed Nilgai.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                            Lets do a hunt Chris. Im in if you want to get a group or just need some one to go with you.
                            I’m down for bow hunt. If we rifle hunt Poco says the mariposa ranch is less expensive and just as good. Let me know Brother

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X