Clay County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clay County

Any updates on the deer movement in Clay Co? We hunt near Bellevue and are hopeful this year. We have had several different bucks on camera this summer. I will be curious to see what it looks like when the bucks start moving more and break out their bachelor groups. Let's hear from all the Clay County deer hunters.

We are not seeing much movement at our place yet , just pigs and doe's right now.

Comment

I heard that there are a ton of 110 -120 inch bucks out there but that country doesn't hold the genetics or potential to grow deer over 130".
      Last edited by sweetinlow660; 10-11-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

In Finland, some children read to dogs and cows because they actually like listening and are extremely attentive.

Comment

I went out Sunday and saw this 8 pt and about 6 other small young bucks...about 8 does came in a little later...lots of little deer running around the place I'm hunting

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

We haven't put as many cameras out this year, so I am curious as well. Pops and I hunt in Bellevue and have for the last 10 years. Will update when we check the one camera we are running

Comment

I'm in my second year on a small Clay County lease just west of Bluegrove. Movement is picking up in the last week or so. More bucks at feeders than before. Does never slowed down at feeders even after acorns started dropping. Bucks are looking really healthy. I have a couple of bigger bodied targets picked out. Almost got a shot at one this past Sunday morning, but he took off after a doe. Saw chasing all around my ground blind for a solid hour. I'll post a few pics when I get a chance.

Comment

Any bucks at feeders we saw in the summer went away during September (acorns I'm assuming), then started trickling back first week of October. We've left our little joint alone for a few weeks, but I keep hearing hints of things steadily picking up.

Comment

Here's a few of the bucks I'm seeing on cams or in person.

Fatty 9...

Just needed about five more minutes this past Sunday and I could have shot this buck. Woke up to a pic of him. He came in again right before legal shooting time. He left and came back an hour later but was more interested in chasing a doe than eating.

7:11 am with legal time being 7:13 that day.

Short wide 8 that will hopefully be culled this weekend. Pics taken at about five yards as he was smelling where a doe had peed. He ended up hanging around that morning for almost three hours. Tore up a little tree at 40 yards. Was bedded at about 60 when I slipped out of blind undetected.

Comment

Last weekend was my third weekend to hunt Clay Co. Saw nothing while on stand for first 2 weekends and nothing last Saturday either. Saturday night, the front came through and Sunday morning was a whole other ball game. Saw lots of game and the bucks were really running the does very hard. They weren't just chasing the does, they were running the does. Does wanted nothing to do with the bucks yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                      I heard that there are a ton of 110 -120 inch bucks out there but that country doesn't hold the genetics or potential to grow deer over 130".
                      Deer on the far left of my profile pic came from clay county all low fence and it went 163 6/8’s…

Comment

Clay County

Got a good one in Clay this morning. If you're not out there, you're missing the show. Bucks chasing all weekend. I've never experienced it quite like this in October.

Comment

Congrats Larry! Great buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice one Larry!! Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X