Back to square one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
    I agree with your bow shop. I paper tune my bow with field points and tune my broadhead. I would not move my rest that will throw the tune of your bow off. A good tuned bow and good tuned broadhead will shoot the same as field points, unless you shoot cheap junk broadhead. Otherwise move the sight to match broadhead.

Last sentence makes my head explode! Terrible advice.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Last sentence makes my head explode! Terrible advice.
      I'll get you a bandaid.
      If he's shooting 180g treesharks they probably aren't going to shoot like field points, so he'll have to sight in for broadhead. But I wouldn't change a tuned bow.

Comment

Here's the kicker. I shoot left-handed. So, I had to move my sight so much to the left that I am literally out of adjustment. When I get to full draw and look through my peep. I see my riser covering the left quarter of my sight housing. I can still see my pins, but I do not like seeing my riser in the picture. No good my friends.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
          Here's the kicker. I shoot left-handed. So, I had to move my sight so much to the left that I am literally out of adjustment. When I get to full draw and look through my peep. I see my riser covering the left quarter of my sight housing. I can still see my pins, but I do not like seeing my riser in the picture. No good my friends.

I'd agree, but I would change broadhead. Moving your rest that's tuned ain't the answer in my opinion. If your arrow is leaving the bow clean with field points don't move the rest because it's not the bow. If your shooting a rifle and 1 load is hitting bullseye and you want to change loads and that load is shooting 6" left you don't bend the barrel, you adjust the scope. Don't change a tuned bow and a bow shop can't tune a bow perfect for you. You must shoot the bow and adjust for the way you hold. Shoot the bow through paper at the shop and set the bow for you.

Comment

I'd agree, but I would change broadhead. Moving your rest that's tuned ain't the answer in my opinion. If your arrow is leaving the bow clean with field points don't move the rest because it's not the bow. If your shooting a rifle and 1 load is hitting bullseye and you want to change loads and that load is shooting 6" left you don't bend the barrel, you adjust the scope. Don't change a tuned bow and a bow shop can't tune a bow perfect for you. You must shoot the bow and adjust for the way you hold. Shoot the bow through paper at the shop and set the bow for you.

With what he has going on it is obvious his rest is not tuned

Comment

Hope you get your bow tuned back the way it needs to be. Not sure what h&h is talking about, but a properly tuned bow will not need any sight adjustment from fp to bh. My bow will shoot fp and about 5 different types of bh's from mechanical to, fixed 2 blade, 3 blade and even 4 blade heads all pretty dang close to same poi out to 50 yards. And whatever you do, NEVER go back to that shop.

Comment

[QUOTE=bboswell;12723849]Last sentence makes my head explode! Terrible advice.[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!! Yes it is

BRING BACK THE EQUIPMENT & TUNING SECTION for the love of GOD!

Comment

If he's shooting bullet holes through paper his rest is tuned.

Comment

If you get the correct distance from the paper you will get a bullet holes in paper and still be way out of tune.

Paper is the beginning, not the end.

Comment

After I had my bow properly tuned, shooting bullets through paper I still had some slight broadhead tuning. My BHs were shooting just left of fp at 20 yards and about 6-8" left at 50. With a slight rest adjustment I can now stack fp,viper trick, and grim reaper carni 4 at 60 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        If you get the correct distance from the paper you will get a bullet holes in paper and still be way out of tune.

Paper is the beginning, not the end.
                        So your saying every broadhead shoots the same?

Comment

So your saying every broadhead shoots the same?
                          You paper tuning with broad heads?

He's saying you can get a bullet hole in the paper with it being out of tune. Very true.

Comment

I'll get you a bandaid.
                            If he's shooting 180g treesharks they probably aren't going to shoot like field points, so he'll have to sight in for broadhead. But I wouldn't change a tuned bow.
                            Not true at all, at all. I personally shot the heads Kenny has, so I'm pretty familiar about how they fly....... like as I took them to Africa and shot stuff with them......literally the same exact heads. I'm shooting the Tiger Shark this year which has even more of a footprint with no issues. Kenny has plenty of fletching and gets extra help from the 19% EFOC he runs on his set-up.

Comment

Here's how far left they moved my rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X