Grand Cayman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    The first time I ever went to Cayman I was 17. Went out to Stingray City on the charter boat. The Captain stopped and announced we could get in the water. Everyone on board was looking real nervous, and no one was getting out of the boat. This was 31 years ago so lots of folks hadn't heard about this place back then. There were Rays swimming everywhere. I got up and jumped off the boat right next to several big ones. I grabbed one and came up out of the water screaming bloody murder! Then I went back under like the Ray had pulled me down. When I came back up there were ladies on the boat yelling and crying. The Captain was in tears from laughter. When people on the boat realized I wasn't dying they got a good laugh out of it. Except one lady who stayed mad the rest of the trip. She never got in the water either.
    Lol that’s too funny!!

Comment

We have staying in multiple different places. This time we are staying at discovery point and going to try it out. We are going to do a lot of excursions so saving money since we don’t need Additional amineties at the condo at self

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
        If you are or can get certified, dive the wall and go to hell!
        Hell ain't nuttin don't waste time wit dat

Comment

I'm probably the minority here...

We stayed at the Holiday Inn. A bit off the beaten path, gotta go through a golf course, but it's the cheapest hotel on the island ($90 a night? Definitely under $100 when we went.) The room was HUGE and we didn't mind it at all. The downside was you can't get in the water in their beach - it's just rocks.

We rented a car to get around. FYI, although the rentals are in KPH, the signs with a number in the circle are MPH - they use MPH. So when I thought I was going 5 over on their highway (45MPH), I was actually going about 20 MPH under the speed limit. On the last day this Aussie that took us scuba diving told us about the speed limit signs - lol.

Definitely go scuba diving. I saw 10 tarpon hiding out in a cove, a bunch of flounder trying to hide, and all sorts of fish. It was unreal! We also snorkled Rum Point.

Everything is expensive. Taxes and gratuity are included in meals, but we'd usually buy a drink each and an entree each, usually ended up costing us $60-$80 a meal. I guess that's island life though.

Comment

I think fishing is seasonal and summer not the best time. From what i have read Feb, March, April seem to be good. I managed some tarpon and jacks off the rocks where we stayed around sunset everyday, trick is getting to them off the cooral edge. Big top waters and big jerk baits worked well.

Comment

great place. stingrays are fun. the turtle farm is pretty cool. So many great places to eat.

Bring me back some Blantons Gold from the Duty Free

Comment

Any recommendations on an all inclusive?

Comment

Working...
                X