Kimber Revovler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Does she want one for shooting/fun or a carry/primary defense??

I really like the S&W 442 & 642 for a carry revolver...wife loves hers.

What people are getting at is they are new to the game & why go down that road when you have other companies like Smith who already got a handle on it...likely nobody has shot one being too new & you cannot trust any of the gun rags to put out an honest review. I quit buying gun magazines decades ago. Got tiresome of all the reviews being excellent simply to satisfy the folks they rely on for advertising.

Also, Kimber has been on a slow downside for quite sometime...imo.
    I did not get it for her. I don't like buying new guns, or new designs. She really liked the way it fit in her hand and she held every small revolver Cabela's had. I thought Kimber was a good brand, maybe that's changed?

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    No I haven't. My wife also carries a smith 642. As does my mom and mother in law. Go with something proven.
    I bought her a Ladysmith. It was an 80's model that Cabela's bought in an estate sale. Still had the cardboard box and original price tag. Didn't look to be fired. The newer S&W's have locks, and she just liked the way it felt in her hand more than the 442, 642, Ruger, Taurus and everything else they had.

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    Was playing with one Friday evening at a Friends of the NRA dinner. It was a prize. The gun seemed well balanced. Couldn't work action, it was zip tied safe. I expect it to be smooth as it is a Kimber. Finish was perfect.
    They are incredibly well balanced. The distance from the spine of the handle and the trigger is shorter making it easier for my wife to hold and shoot. The size is bigger and heavier than the S&W j-frame, but my wife didn't seem to mind. It was the trigger pull that got her. Somehow Kimber has made the pull distance shorter and the pull weight lighter, which feels very odd to me in a double action revolver.

Comment

You did good. If you ever decide to sell it, holler

Comment

You did good. If you ever decide to sell it, holler
        I told her if she practiced, got her CHL, and carried regularly, I would get her the kimber. I'd probably sell the Ladysmith to offset the cost. Usually don't buy from Cabelas, but I had credit card points and gift cards. I was out $6.99 cash.

Comment

Good call...the only Smiths I'll personally own are pre locks.

Those older lady smiths are really good...I just prefer no exposed hammer for a backup / conceal type & you can still get the 442 & 642 without. My wife had one of those from the 80's with the rosewood grips and we both talk about how we should have never sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
            I told her if she practiced, got her CHL, and carried regularly, I would get her the kimber. I'd probably sell the Ladysmith to offset the cost. Usually don't buy from Cabelas, but I had credit card points and gift cards. I was out $6.99 cash.
            So I'll offer $50 and it'll be the biggest ROI you'll see ever

Haha jk.

Comment

One thing many people don't seem to either know or understand is that the concealed hammer S&W revolvers including the Model 442/642, have trigger pulls that seem to be smoother and lighter than the equivalent revolver with an exposed hammer (example: Model 36, 37, 60). My wife and daughter greatly prefer my Model 642 over any other J-frame revolver - even the Model 34 (chambered in .22 LR).

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Shoot one.
                The trigger will have you wanting one yourself if you carry a revolver. It's no joke.
                Incredibly well balanced and no indications of 1st run bugs.
                In typical internet fashion, most of the talk is hyperbole. The vast majority of Kimbers don't have any issues and the revered S&W has had plenty of issues of it's own... even with their meat-and-potatoes revolvers.

Comment

So I'll offer $50 and it'll be the biggest ROI you'll see ever

Haha jk.
                  Only knock is it has a hammer. She didn't care. It fit her hand like a glove.

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                  One thing many people don't seem to either know or understand is that the concealed hammer S&W revolvers including the Model 442/642, have trigger pulls that seem to be smoother and lighter than the equivalent revolver with an exposed hammer (example: Model 36, 37, 60). My wife and daughter greatly prefer my Model 642 over any other J-frame revolver - even the Model 34 (chambered in .22 LR).

Regards,

Dave
                  Her bottom fingers didn't feel firm on the airweight 642 she held. Grip just felt weird. They had a model 10 detective, but the distance to the trigger was too far.

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                  Shoot one.
                  The trigger will have you wanting one yourself if you carry a revolver. It's no joke.
                  Incredibly well balanced and no indications of 1st run bugs.
                  In typical internet fashion, most of the talk is hyperbole. The vast majority of Kimbers don't have any issues and the revered S&W has had plenty of issues of it's own... even with their meat-and-potatoes revolvers.
                  I figured it was a good revovler and was surprised about the kick back. I wouldn't buy it at cabela's though. Seems I could get a much better price somewhere else.

Comment

In looks, it kind of reminds me of a Colt Detective. The Detective is about the same size as a Mod. 34 but feels entirely different.

Comment

It does really look good!

Comment

It's sexy lookin' for sure. I'm interested to see how this goes. It doesn't appear that there's much, if any, experience with one on the Green Screen. I can say, like several others, that I lI've my S&W 642. It's a great carry weapon.

Comment

I bought a 642 in .38 spl for my wife and she wouldn't shoot the thing after 3 rounds.
                          Kicked like a MULE!!
                          Might be nice to carry such a lightweight gun around all day, everyday, but they are no fun to shoot, and I like shooting!

Comment

Working...
                          X