Bow Technician certification classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Technician certification classes?

Is there usch a thing and does anyone know of ANYPLACE in Texas or within 8 hr drive where you can take a tech class? Info on net is very slim to none. Only thing I have been able to find is a 1 day class offered by PSE out in Tucson, Az.

Reason I'm asking is I have an opportunity to buy a small ranch in Lake Ivie area that has an existing fishing guide service 2 cabins (sleeps 14+) and perfect spot in an extra space for a small archery supply shop for seasonal business (much needed in that area too) We want to offer year round sportsman type lodge that will also offer bowhunts (we have 2000 acres available for guiding)

We will also provide a free archery range just outside the shop.

Mainly we just want to be able to do minor repairs and replace cables , strings, tuning, etc. but I believe that a factory tech class would be the best way to go instead of just amateuring it up or winging it per se.

Any direction or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Rob

yes! get ahold of Javi on here, the guys a genious

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
      yes! get ahold of Javi on here, the guys a genious

Ok great thanks. Does he run a shop? archery instructor? whats his game?

Comment

everything that has anything to do with a bow he knows. hes been shooting for 50+ years, coaches pros. has a shop that has more than most actual shops do

Comment

I PM'd him just now.

Will wait to hear back from him. Even videos are kinda hard to come by, not that its what Id prefer, but was shocked at how little info I could find. I'll start calling manufacturers on Monday to see about classes to I guess. Especially interested in Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt, and Bear.

Thanks again

Comment

i dont know of anything that says "your certified" i mean several manufacturers put on clinics but they are worthless compared to learning from expierence. Javi knows his stuff for sure! I like to think im a pretty savvy bow tech but i cant talk 5 min with him without learning somethin

Comment

sure would be nice if some techs actually had to pass a class.

I had a humdinger recently -- thank goodness I carry a bow tech with me....

Comment

PM answered

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
                  PM answered
                  Thanks JAVI will be calling when back in town!

Comment

I don't know where I found this yesterday, but after reading this thread and being in the same boat I started scouring to find some better videos or guides. I found a guide from Easton that is pretty good, of course it is more on the tuning and arrow flight, but think it will be good to have. It is called Easton Bow Tuning Guide if this link doesn't work.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X