Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bow shop for recurve in Sherman or Dallas area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big O's in Sherman

Comment

A bow stringer! Don't do step-through stringing/ unstringing when the option exists. And always step on the stringer's string with 2 feet and not 1. Much more stable.

My son's 14 year old compound 'finally' got a crack in a limb, he's been shooting the '75-'76 vintage Red Wing Hunter I gave him as an early Christmas present last Thanksgiving when we visited Montana. He said he's 'only' hitting the bulls eye out to 30 yards in his backyard. I wish I could 'only' shoot like that! his archery elk season comes up soon n Montana.

Comment

I would look at Big Jims or Braveheart Archery once you plan on buying stuff. Or even go direct, for example, Eagles Flight Archery for a quiver.

3 Rivers has a lot to look at but their shipping times and prices are both inflated.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and help. I will check out these sources.

GandGolf- text sent. I appreciate it!

Comment

I'm right across the river in pottsboro. Stop by the shop one evening. Just shoot me a pm if you want to

Comment

Originally posted by chackworth3 View Post
              I'm right across the river in pottsboro. Stop by the shop one evening. Just shoot me a pm if you want to
              Will do Sir, you are pretty close to me.

Comment

Do not go to shoot with chackworth3!!! If you do, you will end up buying a new bow. Then you will really be addicted to trad archery. Chris is like a drug dealer for bows. Don't say I didn't warn you. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by TXMark View Post
                  Do not go to shoot with chackworth3!!! If you do, you will end up buying a new bow. Then you will really be addicted to trad archery. Chris is like a drug dealer for bows. Don't say I didn't warn you. Hahaha
                  Hahaha. Dually noted!

This bow I'm shooting has family significance. I must kill something antlered or horned with it and it will be retired and THEN I can get a new recurve.

Comment

Sounds good. I'm north of Bonham, TX. right on the river and I own one of his bows. Chris is a good guy and can really help you out.

Comment

Working...
                    X