21 y/o son can't find a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
    My advice would be go to school. He is still young enough where he won't feel out of place. Any degree is better than no degree at all, especially if he does not have work experience.
    why? whats wrong with a trade? I didn't go to school and everyone who works for me has a bachelors or masters.

Comment

Navy or Air Force could work. I joined at 20. Now all I do is hunt and fish and love every day!

Comment

Having to pay rent, buy groceries, and pay the utilities bills can be a big incentive to get a job.

Sometimes coddling the young folk by allowing them to lay around the house is not the best for them.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          I could get a job by 10 PM.
          Word

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            Having to pay rent, buy groceries, and pay the utilities bills can be a big incentive to get a job.

Sometimes coddling the young folk by allowing them to lay around the house is not the best for them.
            Sometimes? If that's not 100% true it's close.

Not saying this is what's happening with your son OP, but I know it happens.

Good luck helping your son get started somewhere. If he has the drive to work hard and learn he can find something in this economy. Please update us if he lands a job.

Comment

People are hiring, may not get the job he “wants” to start out but there’s jobs out there everywhere...

Comment

Can’t and won’t are two different things..

Comment

Send him to a trade school. Not everyone needs a degree.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                    What background or experience does he have? What schooling would he be interested in?
                    I'd like to know as well...my company is hiring for engineers and if he's still in school we hire a lot of summer interns

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope he finds work, and does good.

I'm in the oilfield and heavy construction business as vendor. If I had a dime for every time the manager or company man asks me if I know anyone to hire, I could retire. I typically dont recommend folks, but I might could help.

If he aint found nothing soon, send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        Must be holding out for a management position
                        I see what you did there.

If you want him to go to school have him work some tough jobs for little money. Worked for me.

Comment

Does he have a CDL or wish to obtain one?

Comment

What are the types of jobs that he is applying for? What is it that he wants/trying to do?

Comment

Military, end.

Comment

Military is always hiring. I joined the Army at 23 because I didn’t want to go to college so I had the Army train me to work on medical equipment. Now, over 20 years later, I have a great, in demand career making great money. Have him look at options for training in the military.

Comment

Working...
                                X