X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Not Ready

This bow season snuck up on me.
    I'm still not ready to go.

Between being so busy building tabs, and with it raining all day for a week,
    I just haven't been able to get much preparation done.

Well, I got busy this afternoon.

I was fairly certain of my broadhead flight, but haven't shot them for a while,
    so for peace of mind I had to. Turns out, nothing has changed, and they hit right with my target arrows at any distance.

I only had to sharpen the one I have been shooting. It wasn't dull by any means, but not as sharp as I like.
    The others were still very sharp, but since I was there I polished them up too.

As far as I can tell, all I have left is to get my pack loaded, and get my hunting cloths washed,
    and I'll be ready for morning.

Due to the rain & flooding, I can't get to my place on the river at the family farm, so I'll be hunting
    here at the house. I'm not bothered by that though. Been seeing lots of sign here.

Rick

Good hunting Rick. I will be leaving for the ranch in a few minutes. Ready or not, it's here.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I wont be able to hunt this weekend unless i sit on the ground in the back yard.
      Snuk up on me as well. I dont lack much prep but i have a new guy on the lease that i need to help out to grt him some stands in place

Comment

It's pretty soupy out here in west Texas.

Comment

I'm on 20 headed west for Hawley. I know where I will sit in the morning rain or shine. All that's left is a good night's rest.

Comment

Don't feel like the lone ranger. I still have a little prepping to do

Comment

I don't intend to sit. Around first light I will pick up the bow and go for a walk. Heard coyotes this morning so I may see if I can sneak up on them.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                I don't intend to sit. Around first light I will pick up the bow and go for a walk. Heard coyotes this morning so I may see if I can sneak up on them.
                You're a daisy if you do.

Comment

^ LOL. Now doubt and on silken feet if he gets into range on those mangy suckers. Had a small pack blow our deer out yesterday morning. Not shot offered, but it was tempting to loft one through the trees for good measure.

Comment

Working...
                  X