Looked like a good shot but never found this cull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
    Main reason that I never shoot at a deer when its head is down.

Sorry you lost the deer.

Same here! When a deer has its head down it provides the leverage to drop that fast.

Comment

Head up when shooting, but that isn’t what you asked. I feel like it was forward and a little high. Also add in that he was rolling away and you might have missed both lungs. Just my opinion....

Comment

That shot kills 99% of deer within 100 yards. No idea what happened!

Comment

It happens. Several years ago I finished a small 5 point with my .45, 8 hours after shooting him with my bow. As I removed the heart and lungs I found a broad head hole through the back of both lungs. I have no idea how he survived that long.

He was hit farther back than yours. No blood trail, the arrow was coated though.

Comment

Buck I shot last year was hit there and was found 200-250yds away double lunged. I lost the blood and just starting taking each deer trail the direction he went until I found him. I knew he was dead and knew I got both lungs he just didn’t bleed much at all from it

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
              Main reason that I never shoot at a deer when its head is down.

Sorry you lost the deer.
              Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Same here! When a deer has its head down it provides the leverage to drop that fast.
              I have bowkilled 6+ tons of deer, literally 6+ tons.
              Head position has never been a consideration unless the deer was looking straight at me.
              That is a dead deer.

Comment

Only thing I can think of is he torqued just enough that it missed the off side lung. I would've thought he was dead too to be honest. Could y'all have possibly jumped him or did y'all wait a while? Either way I would've thought the deer was for sure dead without much tracking.

Comment

Unbelievable

Comment

Wow I got nothing, hit right where it needs to be. Of course with a deer rolling no telling what happened!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8437.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	24522267
                      Considering drop perfect shot. I wouldn’t be surprised if no blood for a while. But I don’t see that deer making it past 2-300 yards.

I don’t think it was too far forward or high.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                        I have bowkilled 6+ tons of deer, literally 6+ tons.
                        Head position has never been a consideration unless the deer was looking straight at me.
                        That is a dead deer.
                        Take it to the bank, Rocky knows what he is talking about!

Comment

I agree it’s a dead deer.

Comment

That deer should have gone down quick.

Dull broadhead maybe???

If the head is not "shaving" sharp the wound will not bleed freely.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                              [ATTACH]886399[/ATTACH]
                              Considering drop perfect shot. I wouldn’t be surprised if no blood for a while. But I don’t see that deer making it past 2-300 yards.

I don’t think it was too far forward or high.
                              videos can be off.. i wish i could post a video i have shooting a pig this year.. looking at the video i made a bad shot, when i found the hog it was it was a total different hit than i thought.. no where close to what the video looked like.. i would post but don't know how..

Comment

I bet that deer is on camera again in a couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X