No announcement yet.

Alfalfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a lot of animals last meal! West Texas they loved it. East Texas not so much.

I'm selling a 55 gallon drum alfalfa feeder if anyone is looking for an extra.

Comment

$22/bale?? Dude.... that’s nuts, I pitched hay in las cruces for my brother one summer and we were selling it at $6/bale... that was just in 2012!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
        Bought a square bale and tried it at my place in Cisco. It was still sitting there a year later, basically untouched.
        We pass Cisco on our way to Big Spring, i always wondered if folks hunt there

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
          $22/bale?? Dude.... that’s nuts, I pitched hay in las cruces for my brother one summer and we were selling it at $6/bale... that was just in 2012!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Alfalfa wars I guess. That was at Tractor Supply in Sweetwater last weekend.

Comment

Ours near San Angelo would eat 1000 lbs of alfalfa like it was candy

Comment

Originally posted by Acostades View Post
              We pass Cisco on our way to Big Spring, i always wondered if folks hunt there
              Lots of hunting, very little killing.

Comment

We put out a square bale in early Spring and it was hammered!

Comment

We built two 55 gal barrel bale feeders. Been out almost 3 months and they have not hit either yet. I was hopeful. Will leave them out and see what happens maybe once the summer dry hits they will try it. Right now natural browse is exploding and thick every where. We thinned almost 200 acres of timber a year or so back and it's paying off in deer habitat for sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG954399.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	24540061

Comment

Working...
                  X