Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on giving it to the girlfriend???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Well i was going to tell you to run away but that Thanksgiving story won me over. She may be the real deal.

Tell me about it! She LOVES my family as much as she loves her own and is excited every time she gets a chance to see them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      You're telling me!!! I still don't know how in the world I managed it. Well, I do, but that's something that is our inside story that we keep between us!

Here is one of my favorite pics. Not because it's some trip or event. But bc of what she did. My family cancelled thanksgiving last minute and I had to break the news to her. Now we have a big family dinner. Usually 30+ people. I have a large family of aunts, and uncle, and cousins. So when she found out my dad wasn't doing thanksgiving and was going to be sitting at home with my step mother she ran to the store and bought enough food to feed an army. We went to his house and she slaved for 9 hours making stuffed turkey and all the fixings bc she wanted him to have a great thanksgiving.

The Aggies have a gymnastics team?

My advice isn't as much of a how as a when. Propose on the dating anniversary and suggest that is your wedding date in '18.

Nice and tidy, easy to remember, and that date will have a truly special meaning for you both.

Comment

Be sure and plan the proposal and wedding around football and hunting season. I have a feeling its going to be the aggies year

And dont do this.

Romantic Daniel Pena, from the US, had decided to pull our all the stops to ask his girlfriend to the prom, erected signs along the road which read: Alex. Wi...

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
          Maybe some of the ladies on here could chime in and tell you how they would like it given to them.
          I think I'd like to stay out of the cooler....

Sorry OP... I got nothin... you know her best....

Comment

Here's what I did, thanks to some TBH help! Her best friend took her out and she came home to this... the best part is that we got it on video, also thanks to her best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
              The Aggies have a gymnastics team?

My advice isn't as much of a how as a when. Propose on the dating anniversary and suggest that is your wedding date in '18.

Nice and tidy, easy to remember, and that date will have a truly special meaning for you both.

Yes they have a club team. She was at OU for gymnastics but knew she wanted a career in the future so she transferred to A&M bc they have one the top mechanical engineering programs in the country. She was the captain of the club team her senior year and now a mechanical engineer for upstream oil and gas and number 3 in the engineering firm she works for. She's only been in the field for just shy of two years.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Yes they have a club team. She was at OU for gymnastics but knew she wanted a career in the future so she transferred to A&M bc they have one the top mechanical engineering programs in the country. She was the captain of the club team her senior year and now a mechanical engineer for upstream oil and gas and number 3 in the engineering firm she works for. She's only been in the field for just shy of two years.

Ah. My daughter is a competitive gymnast and she loves going to the TWU meets and as a result I knew TWU has the only varsity level gymnastics team in Texas. If your gal was on the OU team then it's likely my daughter saw her compete at a meet since OU goes to TWU most years.

Comment

Advice on giving it to the girlfriend???

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                  Ah. My daughter is a competitive gymnast and she loves going to the TWU meets and as a result I knew TWU has the only varsity level gymnastics team in Texas. If your gal was on the OU team then it's likely my daughter saw her compete at a meet since OU goes to TWU most years.

This is probably very true! By the way, she said going to A&M was the smartest decision she ever made!! But she comes from a family of Aggies. Her grandfather designed Rudder Tower and the patch on the Corps uniforms. She's also a daughter of the republic of Texas. Lol. Yeah, my redneck ole country azz ain't gonna find another one that comes close to matching this one!

Comment

Congrats man...

She looks like a keeper! Don't get married during the Fall/Hunting/College Football season, other than that, enjoy!

Comment

I took the wife to where we had our first date and asked a random women to take a picture of us for old time sake and when she went to fix her hair I got down on one knee it was pretty good, we had pictures of it and also she informed me that that's also where we first kissed almost in that exact spot.

Comment

I proposed in the living room and then took her to dinner where our familys were waiting. Surprised her twice in one afternoon. Propose somewhere better than the living room, but the dinner part with both familys you should consider. Oh and try not to trip over your words when you get down on one knee and keep a beer or 3 close by. I got so dang nervous I could barely talk! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

The person on the far right in the pic? Lol.

Comment

When's the sit-down with her father?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

Already happened! [emoji1303]. I'm old school like that!

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                                True story...

I can speak in front 1 million people and not have a problem.. But in that kitchen telling him that I wanted to take care of his youngest daughter for the rest of her life was the most nerve wrecking experience ever....

Comment

Working...
                                X