Palacios Fishing info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palacios Fishing info needed

Are there any good fishing piers or jetties in or around Palacios within 30 mins. Going in October and never been. Wanted to see what's down there and get somewhat of a gameplan together.
    Thanks,
    Casey

Piers in Palacios

They have a few little rock jetties and by October the piers should be ready to go. Harvey wiped out most of the piers. Good fishing in October off the bank all along the waterfront. Good luck.

Comment

I haven't been in a long time but we used to catch a whole bunch of trout freelining live shrimp around the pavilion at night.

Comment

There’s a Baptist encampment there. If their pier is open fish it at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As was said, they're working on the piers. I think the pier at the Baptist Encampment is finished then they'll do the East side pier and the old Pavilion Pier.

Comment

Thanks for info guys. looking for more info

Comment

The palacios river can be good and has a dock to fish off of. Also look at oyster lake by collegeport. It is also good that time of year.

Comment

I'd focus on oyster lake and if the surf is slick, make a trip to matagorda.

Comment

I may take my Kayak down there too. Any good place to fish out of yak?

Comment

As said above, oyster lake.

It has limited bank fishing and is excellent for the yak if there's a decent tide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post

You can look around port lavaca as well for kayak spots

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                        Can launch yak by Marine Center (dead end road), next to old Camp Hullen and paddle west to fish salt grass banks etc.

Comment

You can go out to Jensen Point (west toward Pt. Lavaca a couple miles out of Palacios)and fish turtle bay, or the you can launch a kayak at turtle creek bridge and fish the marsh. You can paddle for days back there

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Any more info

Comment

Working...
                            X