• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chew can give ya some pointers!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Chew can give ya some pointers!
      This thread did bring back flashbacks! But mine ended up with compression fracture of the L-4! Dang stinging bass turds.

Comment

Hope you are doing better and you made the right decision for your age. No disrespect intended. I am 52. My cousins husband is in his 70's and came off a ladder about 5 years ago. He hit his head and suffered a traumatic brain injury. A couple of weeks in a coma. He did come out of it but has never been the same and it seems to get a little worse every day. They worked hard to get to the point where they could enjoy their golden years and it all got shot to hell in an instant.

-john

Comment

Get two bug bombs and drop in the hole hot. Then seal it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
            Hope you are doing better and you made the right decision for your age. No disrespect intended. I am 52. My cousins husband is in his 70's and came off a ladder about 5 years ago. He hit his head and suffered a traumatic brain injury. A couple of weeks in a coma. He did come out of it but has never been the same and it seems to get a little worse every day. They worked hard to get to the point where they could enjoy their golden years and it all got shot to hell in an instant.

-john
            About 2 months ago a friend of mine (age 43) fell off his ladder and hit the concrete. Brain bleed, coma and died a couple days later. Huge shock to all who knew him. Left a wife and 3 young kids. Please be careful with everyday tasks like this. I think this was off of an 8' ladder.

Glad you didn't have to bail Jerp. Things can get sideways in a hurry with something like that.

Comment

Been there done that. Upside is your arthritis is all fixed up for the next few weeks.

Comment

Glad to hear you are OK John.

Comment

Stings do hurt but you made the right decision. Glad your ok now.

I was mowing the pasture the other day and bumble bees got after me. Only stung a couple times but miracle I didn't wreck out, lol.

Comment

Glad you're okay, John. Excellent reaction to remain calm and avoid a much worse potential injury.

Comment

Yep, you have to just take it and climb down. Got 43 stings from 3 different kind of wasps when I went into a deer stand in July without looking. All on one arm. BIL kept yelling jump, but it was 10' and like you I didn't want to break anything. Kinda freaked out, worried about going into shock, and we were a fair ways from any medical help. Put my arm in the ice chest, surprisingly that helped a lot. BIL said that was the toughest thing he had ever seen, I said better than a broke leg. Fast forward to when I broke my femur a year and a half ago, I assure you the wasps were a piece of cake.

Comment

Good call Jerp.

GonehuntingAgain on here broke his back a couple years ago hanging a mount in his living room. He was falling off the ladder and didn't want to break the mount. He landed on his feet but broke a vertebrae in the process from the sudden stop of gravirty.

Comment

Ya I would’ve jumped into a burning fire if they would’ve come after me glad your ok

Comment

Glad it wasn't any worse!!

Comment

Not sure I would have been able to stay calm in this situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X