Kinney County Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinney County Hunters

Anyone hunt Northeast Kinney County? I finally found a lease I wanted. Its near the Nueces River and has a ton of elevation. The place is supposed to have axis and other exotics, but what can I expect as far as whitetail size?

Also, where do yall eat in Uvalde? Is there anywhere fun I can take the wife like for a glass or wine or something?

Bracketville

Comment

Whitetails are typical hill country deer. Mature trophies will generally score 110"-140".
      Exotics will depend on the ranch. But they are in the area.
      Not much to do in Uvalde for the women, as far as I know. Go hang under a bridge on the Frio River in the summertime.

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
        Bracketville
        Uvalde is a little closer to us but Brackettville isn't far. Is there anything cool in Brackettville? Restaurants, bars, shopping for woman etc?

Comment

Killed this buck off a Tularosa Road.

The old fort in Brackettville is pretty cool and they have made it into a nice place to stay........Not much in the way of shopping for women. The Fort is about all there is in town. We had lots of elevation change and December 5-15 you wanted to have a set of rattling horns in your pack. They would come running! He scored 152" I believe. Cool area for sure.

Here are a few others we killed that weekend.
          Attached Files

Comment

10 miles west of brackettville here. Like said above, deer are typical hill country deer with but the potential and chance at a B&C buck is there. Exotics, all just depend where you are. We have axis and aoudad come through occasionally.

Comment

[QUOTE=TildenHunter;13341072]Killed this buck off a Tularosa Road.

QUOTE]

We are off Tularosa. You still have a place out there?

Comment

Honestly, the whitetail are just a plus for me. I've been searching hard for a place with exotics and the head guy described this place as an axis lease so I'm pumped!

I just have to find some daytime activities that my wife will like too. I hunted in San Saba for 11 years and we had our routine down as far as where we liked to eat, drink, visit, etc. Just trying to get a head start on sorting that out. You know, happy wife happy life.

Summertime river trips to Camp Wood are in store for sure too.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                  Uvalde is a little closer to us but Brackettville isn't far. Is there anything cool in Brackettville? Restaurants, bars, shopping for woman etc?

Not much in bracketville.... fort Clark springs is pretty cool. For swimming in the summer, golf course, and i believe they have a restaurant ( maybe no better than a burger king or maybe a 5 star place....i dont know as ive never eaten there)

Comment

Working...
                  X