X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's almost 11k now.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      You missed the boat. Wish I would've gotten in years ago. Now I can't see myself buying into bitcoin.

Litecoin and Ethereum are the up and comers that you may want to get into.

https://www.coinbase.com/charts

So for the people still wanting a taste is it worth it to even buy a piece of bitcoin or get a handful of Ethereum or Litecoin and hope for the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slicktrick87 View Post
        So for the people still wanting a taste is it worth it to even buy a piece of bitcoin or get a handful of Ethereum or Litecoin and hope for the best?

No one can tell you the answer to that. It's 100% a gamble at this point.

The big money has been made. Now that everyone knows what the 3 choices are the cats out of the bag. Sure they could move higher but look at it this way. At the height of the internet bubble once the mainstream people or everyday people were buying stock simply because they always go up, that was near the very top. Once the last buyers get in there's no one left to buy and what does that leave?

And you better believe at some point our government will do something stupid and bitcoin will tank hard. Or another government. They simply can't let it encroach too much on the dollar or other currencies.

Comment

I'm not a financial advisor but I'd at least get a small piece of each. Crypto's have continued to exceed expectations on a daily/weekly basis and the blockchain technology is starting to be used for other things and not just crypto currency.

Just read and article where they tested the blockchain ledger for buying goods and services. Instead of the verification taking 7-10 days it took 2.5hrs.

Comment

I'm always a day late to these trends. I just listed my beanie baby collection on eBay. The response has been less than ENTHUSIASTIC.

But at least I have a storage unit full of cabbage patch kids (with birth certificates) in an undisclosed storage container in case of SHTF or TEOTWAWKI

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

Extremely interesting series of threads. I thank y'all for the education. Looking deeper into these crypto's while my meager cash throw at Litecoin grows by the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I'm always a day late to these trends. I just listed my beanie baby collection on eBay. The response has been less than ENTHUSIASTIC.

But at least I have a storage unit full of cabbage patch kids (with birth certificates) in an undisclosed storage container in case of SHTF or TEOTWAWKI

Lmao!!

Comment

My brother is a tech guy and told me that he's known about bitcoin since it's inception. I wanted to throat punch him on the spot.

There's no way I'll get rich on it but I will make some money to fund stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    No one can tell you the answer to that. It's 100% a gamble at this point.

The big money has been made. Now that everyone knows what the 3 choices are the cats out of the bag. Sure they could move higher but look at it this way. At the height of the internet bubble once the mainstream people or everyday people were buying stock simply because they always go up, that was near the very top. Once the last buyers get in there's no one left to buy and what does that leave?

And you better believe at some point our government will do something stupid and bitcoin will tank hard. Or another government. They simply can't let it encroach too much on the dollar or other currencies.
                    Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                    I'm not a financial advisor but I'd at least get a small piece of each. Crypto's have continued to exceed expectations on a daily/weekly basis and the blockchain technology is starting to be used for other things and not just crypto currency.

Just read and article where they tested the blockchain ledger for buying goods and services. Instead of the verification taking 7-10 days it took 2.5hrs.

My brother is a tech guy and told me that he's known about bitcoin since it's inception. I wanted to throat punch him on the spot.

There's no way I'll get rich on it but I will make some money to fund stuff...
                    you can still get in really early on many promising coins/projects. when a new coin launches it normally raises money from an ICO (ipo for coin). The gov says we cant participate in ico. however you can pick them up shortly after when they hit the exchange. most coins start at under 10 cents. coins with a lower total supply have a way better chance of going up in price faster.

check out some coins and their current market caps : https://coinmarketcap.com/

Look for upcoming and recently funded projects projects https://icowatchlist.com/

Find an exchange that most get listed on

Comment

Say I want to throw $500 at it, where do I start?

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                        Say I want to throw $500 at it, where do I start?
                        Get a digital wallet i.e. Coinbase, link your bank account and put some funds in it. Once you have money in Coinbase you can buy bitcoin, ether or litecoin.

The slow part is getting your money from your bank to a digital wallet. Once it's there things happen pretty fast.

Comment

Get a digital wallet i.e. Coinbase, link your bank account and put some funds in it. Once you have money in Coinbase you can buy bitcoin, ether or litecoin.

The slow part is getting your money from your bank to a digital wallet. Once it's there things happen pretty fast.

Sounds extremely risky linking your bank acct up. Am I being to conservative with my thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                            Sounds extremely risky linking your bank acct up. Am I being to conservative with my thinking?

I wouldn't think that would be that risky (but what do I know)

The risky part to me seems like the market is being saturated in cryptocurrency

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

No different than linking PayPal to your bank account.

However, I felt the same way and opened an account specifically for crypto currency. I move money in and out of it pretty quickly.

Comment

Even CNBC is watching tick by tick. A near term top is VERY close IMO. Should dip soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X