Turning our cabin into our new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning our cabin into our new home

We put this cabin on our property about 2 years ago. Been working on it slowly but now we are speeding up the process because when our oldest son is done with high school in a year and a half we are going to move out here for a couple of years and get completely out of debt and then go from there. Anyway thought I would post some pics from start to finish. These pics are old and I will put some new ones next weekend. Almost have all the electrical roughed in and will be framing on the bedroom and bathroom next. Also will have a small deck on the front and a 12x32 covered deck on the back and an additional uncovered 10x32 extending out from that. Already have water and electricity and a 20 foot storage container. Will be really nice when done and can"t wait to finish it up finally.
    Attached Files

That's an awesome plan. Best wishes to y'all moving forward with your plan. Great scenery and views

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

How are you going to do the septic system? For living there full time you'll need a conventional system.

Good luck with it. Might be a nice change of pace for you; I know it would be for me.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

following!

Comment

We built something almost identical last year south of you. Feel free to hit me up with anything. There was also a thread recently about a guy selling his place by rocksprings and he had a decent solar pannel and rain water catch system built. He might have some decent ideas too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

awesome

Comment

Awesome set up!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                    How are you going to do the septic system? For living there full time you'll need a conventional system.

Good luck with it. Might be a nice change of pace for you; I know it would be for me.

I am going to plumb the cabin kinda like an rv, with two separate drains one black water system and one gray water system. Black water will go into a septic and the gray water system will be used to water the grass.

Comment

Looking good !

Comment

Nice views there.

Comment

All in for following this thread. We started the same, on a hill in Callahan county, almost a year ago. Porch added, most of the wiring done, bedroom/bathroom/closet framed, doors hung, loft decked, etc. Going to start roughing in the plumbing and look into getting a well dug. Decided on gray water only and a composting toilet.

tex, the skirting on your cabin is exactly what we've been looking for, can you tell me were you got it??

Comment

Very cool place, now it time to invest in a tornado shelter.

Comment

Got some more stuff done this weekend, outside lights put up and the electrical is almost done until I frame out the bath and bedroom. The outside lights are crazy bright!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X