No announcement yet.

TNF National Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read online that they locked arms during the national anthem, why not stand at attention with your hand on your chest like American men instead of locking arms like a bunch of Kansas city ******s
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      It is easy for me to not get worked up about this controversy due to the fact I have somewhere around zero interest in the NFL. However, the league is in a tough spot - bad for them either way. If you let players kneel it offends half the fans and if you try to strong arm them into standing you offend the other half. No business can afford to turn off 50% of their customers. No win for the NFL - I'd like to be a fly on the wall in their meetings
      Couldnt agree more and could care less about their tough spot.

Comment

No NFL games on my TV

Comment

Decided to just do a quick search on nfl fan demographics and found this:
          The NFL is the most popular professional sporting league in the United States. It brings in a global audience, has multiple games played overseas, and appeals to the population in a way that is equal

77% of NFL fans are Caucasian, compared to 15% being African-American/Black and 8% being Hispanic.

The 55+ age demographic is the largest percentage off the NFL fans demographics at 37%. Another 34% of NFL fans are in the 35-54 age demographic.
          So over 2/3 of your fan base is over 35yr old white male (probably straight as well). So you're trying to protest something they can't experience, something most don't believe there is systemic oppression anymore, and do it in a way that is offensive to them. Yea tell me how that is going to work out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
            Decided to just do a quick search on nfl fan demographics and found this:
            The NFL is the most popular professional sporting league in the United States. It brings in a global audience, has multiple games played overseas, and appeals to the population in a way that is equal

So over 2/3 of your fan base is over 35yr old white male (probably straight as well). So you're trying to protest something they can't experience, something most don't believe there is systemic oppression anymore, and do it in a way that is offensive to them. Yea tell me how that is going to work out.
            That is a powerful statistic for sure but when you figure that close to 100% of the media is banging the drum for the minority it kinda evens things out. Of course that won't keep the 2/3 majority from tuning out. I think the NFL is about to figure out their fan support is much more fragile than they ever realized. The owners - and the players may just kill the goose that laid the golden egg. No worries - the players can just fall back on their other skills to make millions.

Comment

I'm doing just fine without the NFL and Bud Light. Just moved on to other things.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know, didn't turn it on until 3 minutes left in the 4th qt.

Comment

What is TNF?

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                    What is TNF?
                    Thursday Night Football.... which is code for games involving marginal teams.

MNF worked out so well they have tried to apply the same thing to Sunday night football and Thursday night football. I think the increased inventory has lowered the overall value. With 32 teams there are only so many decent matchups.

I havent watched since the whole deal. I support the players right to protest, I think they chose a poor venue and method and failed to understand the meaning of the anthem. Therefore I have chosen not to contribute to their salaries. Pretty simple

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                      They don't air the national anthem anymore... pretty ***** up if you ask me.
                      They didn't air the national anthem ever up until Kapernick kneeled...it's not a new thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        They didn't air the national anthem ever up until Kapernick kneeled...it's not a new thing.
                        Boooooooo......don't stop the hate!

Comment

Cam was terrible, but Wentz looked good. Hate the Eagles, but that young man has talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Boooooooo......don't stop the hate!
                            Lol

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              Well they started airing the National Anthem in 2009 in the NFL and I believe earlier in the MLB and other sports. Also the National Anthem has been played at sporting events before the 1900's and became a staple in 1941 in the MLB.

might want to do a little research...

Work Cited

It has been hard to ignore the mixing of sports and politics recently, as President Donald Trump -- both on the stump an

'The Star-Spangled Banner' became a mainstay of American sports during a time of great national strife

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                                They don't air the national anthem anymore... pretty ***** up if you ask me.
                                Correct me if I'm wrong someone (like I actually have to day that...someone will for sure ), but I don't recall them ever airing The National Anthem prior to this whole controversy getting started; with exception to the Super Bowl, or a World Series game or something like that. This whole stupid thing has been widely perpetuated by the media because a controversy sells.

Comment

Working...
                                X