Comment

You pick their sheds up?

Comment

Originally posted by Apretz View Post
        You pick their sheds up?

No luck on any sheds this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I don't even think this is medusa anymore. Got my fingers crossed it's buddy from last year but I guess we still have a few more weeks of wondering

Comment

Nice bucks! Makes me want to put a couple cameras out, but I never can seem to find them this time of year. Seems like they don't move much and are pretty unpredictable about where they'll come into fields, etc.

Comment

I've got one more big tournament at the end of the month and I can go back to being a deer hunter instead of a fisherman. That said, I'm starting to get excited about deer season again! So who made it through last year? You had some hammer 3 and 4 year olds and several "tweeners". I go on days off on the 19th and have to make a Trinity Co run to move a box stand, hang a lock on, and feed the critters. I might make you ride with me. Word on the street is it can be dangerous to hang lock on's by yourself

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                I've got one more big tournament at the end of the month and I can go back to being a deer hunter instead of a fisherman. That said, I'm starting to get excited about deer season again! So who made it through last year? You had some hammer 3 and 4 year olds and several "tweeners". I go on days off on the 19th and have to make a Trinity Co run to move a box stand, hang a lock on, and feed the critters. I might make you ride with me. Word on the street is it can be dangerous to hang lock on's by yourself

Haha let's do it. I ain't hanging jack by myself ever again. I'm about 90% sure this is my big deer from last year I call Buddy. It's not medusa like I was thinking. I have no clue what happened to his left side though. He is 7.5 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  Haha let's do it. I ain't hanging jack by myself ever again. I'm about 90% sure this is my big deer from last year I call Buddy. It's not medusa like I was thinking. I have no clue what happened to his left side though. He is 7.5 this year.

It'll be interesting to watch the growth and see. Buddy was my favorite last year!

Comment

It'll be interesting to watch the growth and see. Buddy was my favorite last year!

Mine too. Biggest deer I've seen in the hoof in a minute. Hopefully it'll be karma for me not taking a shot at him late when I couldn't see my crosshairs good

Comment

Mine too. Biggest deer I've seen in the hoof in a minute. Hopefully it'll be karma for me not taking a shot at him late when I couldn't see my crosshairs good

Looks like it sure could be. Any other identifying marks outside of antler configuration? Shreik got killed didn't he?

Comment

Looks like it sure could be. Any other identifying marks outside of antler configuration? Shreik got killed didn't he?

Yeah. Shrek got killed, went 164".

Yeah I went off a couple things with buddy. No ear cuts, but he does have a black muzzle, the white around his nose is is the same as last year as well as a big white spot up under his brisket. His right side is identical as his right side last year. He lays out of his head and that brow kicks in. Plus he had all that junk around his bases last year. First photo was him last year

Comment

I think you've got him pegged. What was that big one you hunted a few years back? He was a giant 8 the year before and then got kind of freaky on you the year you hunted him?

Comment

I think you've got him pegged. What was that big one you hunted a few years back? He was a giant 8 the year before and then got kind of freaky on you the year you hunted him?

Old man River? They all run together now, no telling there's a new one every year.

Comment

Old man River? They all run together now, no telling there's a new one every year.

Yep OMR was the one. Looks like Running Buddy is doing the same thing.

Comment

2017 east Texas velvet pics

Old man and buddy progression pics

8.5 yrs old

9.5 OMR and 4.5 Buddy

10.5 OMR and 5.5 Running Buddy

6.5 Buddy

That was him last year in the above post

Comment

Working...
                                X