Wild Cattle Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I have always wanted to kill a cow. They have ruined a many of a hunt of mine over the years.
    Thats funny right there and so true!

Originally posted by wallass View Post
    Sounds like somebody needs to get a horse and a rope, catch'em and haul'em to the sale.
    My son and some of his friends would love this!

Comment

I've heard of it in TX, but don't know anyone who's done it.

Here's a video of a Wild Cattle hunt in Hawaii.....
      Hawaii Wild Cattle Hunt Video

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        I have always wanted to kill a cow. They have ruined a many of a hunt of mine over the years.
        U nailed that one!!!
        Originally posted by rberg View Post
        If you want a more exciting chase, put yourself between the animal and the hay and see if you can take it before it goes around/through you.
        LOL!!! Good one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Sounds like a poor mans cape buffalo to me if they are that mean.
          Kinda what I was tinking ... could be kinda fun!

Comment

Just watched the video. Should I ever go on a wild bovine hunt, I sure hope I see something other than a white-faced hereford!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
              Just watched the video. Should I ever go on a wild bovine hunt, I sure hope I see something other than a white-faced hereford!

LOL.....I was thinking the same thing........ I bet they escaped from the Parker Ranch.

Comment

I've been on one and had it mounted.....

Comment

Cattle were first brought to Hawaii by Captain George Vancouver in 1793. The breed is not known, but they were believed to be of Spanish descent and probably resembled the longhorn, although there is evidence that they were black in color. King Kamehameha put a kapu on the animals that lasted almost 30 years. When the kapu was removed, the interior plain and three mountains of Hawaii were full of animals. The estimated cattle population on Hawaii in 1851 was 8,000 tame, and 12,000 wild animals. By 1904, 10,000 wild cattle were present on Mauna Kea.

Parker Ranch wild cattle are descendants of the animals introduced by Vancouver and others, and inhabit the forested areas of the Ranch. Bulls weigh up to 1,000 pounds. Hunting pressure makes them “wilder and smarter”, presenting a real challenge to the Parker Ranch wild cattle hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    Kinda what I was tinking ... could be kinda fun!
                    Freudian slip?

Comment

I've heard that cow meat is pretty good. Tastes kind of like beef!

Comment

Ain't heard of any near the border. I've have seen a few shot on Ft Hood. Nothing like a 120m/m cannon on an M1A2 tank. Beats a 7 mag or a 300 mag any day.

Comment

How would you call them rascals in?? Hmmmmm??? And could you use jerky for a cover scent or an attractant?

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                            I've heard that cow meat is pretty good. Tastes kind of like beef!
                            Taste like chicken

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              How would you call them rascals in?? Hmmmmm??? And could you use jerky for a cover scent or an attractant?
                              Go with old reliable...........Whhhooooooaaaaa.....soook..sooo k..soook
                              works every time out at my families place. If that fails get a 5 gal bucket, put a few handfuls of cubes in it and combine the previous audible sounds with shaking of the bucket. Should have them runnin all over ya in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Dobbs View Post
                                .........They are suppose to be wild as heck and some what dangerous to hunt.
                                X2 Thats what they say!

Comment

Working...
                                X