No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup .. i liked musgrove too.. they can have Feliz... moran was a good grab ..

Comment

Lord, please let the "minor leaguer" be Sipp.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Lord, please let the "minor leaguer" be Sipp.
        Outfielder named Martin. Never heard of him

Comment

DK and Boras can stroll off in the sunset together after this year. In Luhnow we trust

Comment

well..how bout that...
            IF this deal is 'done' ..then..I'll just leave this here...

and everything gingivitis said was.....like always ...complete and utter bull ****.
            Who'd a thought?

Comment

Pirates announced... Deal.
              That is a beast of a starter card....
              AND they got to keep fisher, tucker, etc.. (for now)...

Comment

Yeah just saw that Cole is an Astro.

Verlander, Keuchel, Cole, McCullers, Morton.

If everybody is healthy and performs like we know they can, this could be one of the top rotations the Astros have had in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonder if they are looking for another backup catcher (reports are Gattis will primarily be DHing..)... to Bmac...
                  or will they stick with Stassi?

Comment

HOUSTON -- The team with the deepest lineup in baseball may now lay claim to the deepest pitching rotation.Less than a week after owner Jim Crane said the Astros were pursuing a high-end starter, the defending World Series-champion Astros reached a deal to acquire hard-throwing right-hander Gerrit Cole in a

Link if anyone wants to read about it. I love the deal but I have been a big Musgrove fan and think he is going to have an outstanding MLB career.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/astr...es/c-264677578

Link if anyone wants to read about it. I love the deal but I have been a big Musgrove fan and think he is going to have an outstanding MLB career.
                      Yup.. was excited about him before he took the plane, then entered the game with no bullpen...warmed up with some pitches from the mound..and then showed heart intensity and fire (some skill too)...in his first ever MLB game..
                      He's going to be a force.
                      Really good pick up for the Pirates.

Comment

That's a very Stout Rotation if they all stay Healthy. Glad they got it done.

Comment

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

I'm happy with it. Stings a little with musgrove bullpen progress but we just got a former number 1 overall pick, stereotypical ace. Some advanced stats showed how Cole went to his off speed stuff a lot more last year vs years previous. As much as the stros like to spin it, look for this to increase. To say I'm excited is an understatement

Comment

Comment

Hey zztex. You started this thread last February. You should start a 2018 thread. I believe in Karma and it's up to you to start it. I don't want to Jinx 2018.

Comment

Good deal. Musgrove has potential but never could seem to get out of a big inning. Hopefully he has better luck elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X