X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who fertilizes and what ratios?
    Have not done soil test...yet.

Comment

planted some lalab plus 3 yrs ago and it did awesome! planted field corn in with it, lab-lab climbed 6 ft high. deer started hitting it hard in last of July.
      put out lime at 500 #/acre prior to planting. Fertilized with low nitrogen fertilizer at 400#/acre (0-20-20 ?)

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
        planted some lalab plus 3 yrs ago and it did awesome! planted field corn in with it, lab-lab climbed 6 ft high. deer started hitting it hard in last of July.
        put out lime at 500 #/acre prior to planting. Fertilized with low nitrogen fertilizer at 400#/acre (0-20-20 ?)
        Pictures ?

Comment

Do a soil test. Tell them what you are going to plant and they will tell you what kind and how much fertilizer you need to apply. It's so cheap it's better than guessing. Mine was about 15 bucks.

Comment

a buffet for deer. Very nice food plot.

Comment

I got mine planted today. LabLab mix with soybeans and sorghum.
              Inoculate the seeds and the legumes will fixe its own Nitrogen. Soil test is must to make sure your pH is within range.

I put out 200lbs/acre of 10-24-16 today.

Comment

Pics of the mix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334200093915.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24064902

Comment

[QUOTE=Jakecrews;5144152]Pictures ?[/QUOTE

no pics unfortunately,but it did get about 6' tall!
                  also, hogs love the milo in that blend!

Comment

Here is a food plot we planted last season, forgot what it is but its about 6 ft tall. You can see the tip of the feeder it's probably a 10ft feeder.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Crews; 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=unclefish;5147244]I got mine planted today. LabLab mix with soybeans and sorghum.
                      Inoculate the seeds and the legumes will fixe its own Nitrogen. Soil test is must to make sure your pH is within range.

I put out 200lbs/acre of 10-24-16 today.[/QUOTE
                      I planted also now all we need is some rain!!

Comment

Ive been trying to get ready to plant all week. Its been really wet around here til this week. Ill post up some pictures when I get planted and it starts growing. Mine will be soybeans, lab lab, burgundy beans, and a little milo scattered in. Then around the edge it will be forage sorghum for a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          Ive been trying to get ready to plant all week. Its been really wet around here til this week. Ill post up some pictures when I get planted and it starts growing. Mine will be soybeans, lab lab, burgundy beans, and a little milo scattered in. Then around the edge it will be forage sorghum for a screen.
                          That sounds pretty much like what I planted. Did you mix it yourself or buy a mix?

I planted Sudan Sorghum (haygrazer) around mine as a screen as well.

Comment

No mix. Ill take and broadcast fertilizer, then a little grain sorghum and let that get a little rain. Then Ill take and pull my yetter 71 flex four row planter through it with lab lab in a couple hoppers soybeans in one then burgundy beans in another. I may change it up in a couple of sections of the plot to get more soybeans in. But with the weatherman talking drought again at least 50% will be lab lab. Ill also plant the sorghum sudangrass (maxi gain) as a border around the plot and some strips through it so the deer will feel more secure during daylight. Planting this screen or cover around the plot makes a huge difference in how many deer use the plot during daylight hours. Before I would do this you might see a few deer, now on a good day it will be over 20. Total plot size about 10 acres. Its hell working dirt for a plot this size around here with the little tractor I have. Its just a 38 hp 4wd kubota. The soil here is Lake Charles clay, it gets hard as concrete with no rain, but if its wet its just super sticky nasty stuff. But it holds what rain you do get very good, its just hell to work.

Comment

Just got it worked as good as I could in the last week. Ive got two passes with a chisel plow, and three with a disk into it already. But it was really wet getting started. I ran my drag through it to level and bust some clods today. I have to work tonight starting four nights, so when I get off again Ill probably plant the sorghum sudangrass, rework the bean areas and spread fertilizer and milo then Ill be ready to plant my beans. Work gets in the way of everything.

Comment

Good day for pictures. My micro plot has really taken off in the past week. Ended up with a mix from the feed store because they were out of milo and cow peas the week we got alot of rain.

My blind is in the red box.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X