No announcement yet.

TPWD Draw Hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put in every year and am 0 for 20 “ I only apply for special hunts though “

Comment

Been putting in for 16 yrs and been drawn a total of 5 times. In the 7 years I put my son in for youth hunts he never got drawn. In the 6 years I put my nephews in youth hunts since my son got too old they have been drawn on 2. Crazy how some get drawn most years and multiple times. I must not have the touch. I have got lucky on standby 2 times and one led to my avatar buck.

Comment

There are some nice TPWD hunts but they don't come easy. I am selective about the places I put in for Draw Hunts .. Haven't been drawn for 3 years but I now have 30 +/- Acres to have fun on .. Still put in for draw hunts.. High-End Lease prices with 2 + pages of rules and High $ day Lease prices with low sucess .. I stay away from now ..

Comment

Depends what you put in for as far as your odds.

I’ll have anywhere from 6-9 points in 8-10 different hunts this year and I’m kinda half arse expecting to maybe get drawn for a single hunt... maybe lol

I don’t really start paying attention until I’m in the 9-10 range

But in the 3 hunts I’ve been drawn for I’ve been lucky enough for a 150” 11, a 130” nine, and skunked on another.

It’s alot of fun but for your first year I would keep my expectations very low. However that, once again, depends on what you are applying for

Comment

Put in last year and got drawn for Archery hunt @ Laguna Atascosa. Was a blast. Planning to put in for a lot more this year. Well worth it if you are looking for an challenging hunt.

Comment

Long odds for mediocre hunts, once in a lifetime odds for a good hunt in the adult category. Idk why but it seems like if you do draw one you have a better chance of drawing another in the same year. Overall TPWD has ruined the system.

Comment

I have been for the past three years. Put in for 2 hunts the first year and 4 hunts the next couple years. Drawn, not yet.

Comment

0 for 2, this will be my 3rd year to apply

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                    I've put in for 7-8 years. Drew rifle exotic at Devils river w/ 3-4 points and drew gator at JD Murphree last year but hunt was cancelled due to aftermath of Harvey.

Odds of getting drawn are minimal at best, and really the system could use a revamp, but I still enjoy the opportunity to put in for the hunts. Preferred the old paper system for some reason.
                    Did you get your points back due to the hunt cancelling?

Comment

I miss spoke I have drawn @ jd murphy for alligators two years in a row with 100% successful hunts

Comment

I’ve been hunting TPWD draw hunts for over 15 years and been fortunate enough to draw all over the state of Tx in multiple categories. Haven’t been drawn in the last few years though with all the changes but it doesn’t stop me from applying. Best of luck to all.

Comment

37 years on rifle hunts and never drawn
                          26 years on archery never drawn
                          So your wasting your time putting in

Comment

I choose to spend my time and energy scouting and hunting spots that don't require being drawn although I do put in for some of them every year. Still no luck on any draws and I have been doing it for 6 years now. At least the entries are cheap so you don't have to put out a bunch of cash up front. If that where the case I would just assume not enter at all.

Comment

We have been putting in for about ten years and have been drawn for at least one every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Treehunter View Post
                                Did you get your points back due to the hunt cancelling?
                                Yes. Still feel like they should’ve just let us hunt this calendar year, but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X