No announcement yet.

Trespasser help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the best I could with the photos. Your Covert camera does not have a high-enough shutter speed to capture moving vehicles.
    My best guess on the plate is that it's six digits long, and reads XK?DW?.
    I also think they are military veteran plates, given the red lettering at the bottom. Look here and see if you find a match: http://www.epcounty.com/taxoffice/veteranplates.htm

The elbow and the view of the cab in the pics you sent definitely makes me think "old white guy," not melanin.

Comment

Im disgusted by some of the crap on this thread. And people wonder why so many fine folks stopped posting on TBH and have sunk into the background. This is not rocket surgery, hes asking for help identifying a trespasser. Good luck to the OP. Hope you locate them and can at least have a chat. Ive had problems with folks doing the same on my place. Dumping trash, stealing cameras, stealing tree stands, etc. Unless you have 100 percent permission to be on this land, from the landowner..... you dont belong. Period.

Comment

Dang Carp, you're a special kind of ignernt!

Comment

Thanks Ben! I appreciate the help. Definitely older gentleman. Then one pic I sent you clearly shows his arm better. 60s was my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
            Im disgusted by some of the crap on this thread. And people wonder why so many fine folks stopped posting on TBH and have sunk into the background. This is not rocket surgery, hes asking for help identifying a trespasser. Good luck to the OP. Hope you locate them and can at least have a chat. Ive had problems with folks doing the same on my place. Dumping trash, stealing cameras, stealing tree stands, etc. Unless you have 100 percent permission to be on this land, from the landowner..... you dont belong. Period.
            Well said. Thank you!

Comment

Looks like.... AK-...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Front cleared plate helps

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  Yes there were 2 "No Trespassing" signs that he went by.
                  Yes, but were they in Spanish???

Good luck. Trespassers suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    House, land, car it doesn't matter they all fall under Property of another individual!

Yes there were 2 "No Trespassing" signs that he went by.

It does matter. I’m not sure where “property of another individual” is in the penal code but habitations, vehicles, and land are all protected differently. You’re talking about criminal Trespass and there are certain elements you need to meet for that. It’s not a matter of what other people on here playing devils advocate have or don’t have it’s a matter of this person meeting the elements of a crime. Face value, which is two signs and an open gate...I don’t think that is enough to arrest someone for. Like others have mentioned his intent would need to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      Logical fallacy. So your back yard is not your dwelling. I am free to drive on up your drive way and if your back gate is open I can head on in? Dip in the pool maybe?

No, your back yard is not your dwelling. And yes you could up until the point the owner or authority for the property told you to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
                        It does matter. I’m not sure where “property of another individual” is in the penal code but habitations, vehicles, and land are all protected differently. You’re talking about criminal Trespass and there are certain elements you need to meet for that. It’s not a matter of what other people on here playing devils advocate have or don’t have it’s a matter of this person meeting the elements of a crime. Face value, which is two signs and an open gate...I don’t think that is enough to arrest someone for. Like others have mentioned his intent would need to be known.

It literally states in the penal code "Property of another"

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.

(2) "Notice" means:

(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;

(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;

(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
                          No, your back yard is not your dwelling. And yes you could up until the point the owner or authority for the property told you to leave.
                          Wow. Good luck to you. See above and take your illogical argument to the Texas Supreme Court.

Comment

Originally posted by j sweet View Post
                            some on here are missing something about rural land owners. They will take the shirt of their back if you needed it. They will come over with a bigger tractor no questions asked if you need the help. Present yourself to the land owner and he will probably throw some food and drink down for you and shoot the breeze. Trespass on his land without presenting yourself and prepare to see a different side of him.
                            bingo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Dang Carp, you're a special kind of ignernt!
                              I've tried to catch a hint of his point but it just ain't registering. A fence is a fence, regardless if the gate is open or not. Do this down South and you will more than likely be shot at.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                                Some on here are missing something about rural land owners. They will take the shirt of their back if you needed it. They will come over with a bigger tractor no questions asked if you need the help. Present yourself to the land owner and he will probably throw some food and drink down for you and shoot the breeze. Trespass on his land without presenting yourself and prepare to see a different side of him.
                                How do you get his help if you don't have his phone number without pulling into his property to talk to him? I live in rural area and have had people pull up to me asking for help. Sometimes they pull in the wrong driveway when they are meaning to go to the neighbors for something. A lot old timers don't have an iphone or gps to get them right where they need to go.

Don't get me wrong I don't want people all over my property either, but if they pulled in and stayed on the main drive and didn't go driving all over the place, I'm not going to be a total jerk to the person right off the bat. I'm with the OP that he should look into why he came on to his property.

Comment

Working...
                                X