No announcement yet.

Hagerman 2017 seg a roll call and live hunt thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. If you are happy I’m happy for you. Tough hunt. Great work.

Comment

Congrats, SBS! Great buck in any conditions!

JWC, thanks for the history lesson on the worlds largest snowflake.
      Last edited by Veschels; 11-05-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Congrats. Nice buck.

Was up that way today. Too bad for me I didn't get drawn. Yall still have some time.

Comment

CONGRATS on the Great buck!

Comment

Well, it's down to the wire. Who all is crazy enough to still be out here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet ol CC is still out there trying to get er' done.

Comment

Oh yeah mlb is still out there for sure. I put him in my ground blind.

Comment

Congrats snl!!
                  Good buck

Comment

Curious for the final numbers. I know its not over but it is for most

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright I'm home, deer is on ice, so here goes the story. I posted yesterday that I was going to get extreme and set up in the middle of the bedroom on some very active scrape sign, and I did. I didn't want to build a blind yesterday because of the temps, I was afraid I would ruin the area. So I found the tree I would sit under and came back this morning at about 530 and cut a few small cedar limbs and brushed in a spot under a giant bois d'arc tree in the dark. With the wind this morning I figured the noise would be a minimal disruption. So on to the hunt. As daylight took hold of the morning I was settled in 20 yds from the "scrape tree". Now here is the part I wish I had a super exciting story for but I don't. At around 630 I started talking to multiple hunting buddies via text message. I wasn't to worried about the deer activity because I had not seen a deer in 2 days (23 hrs) on stand. So we are going back and forth joking and hacking on each other. Plus I only had one shot and I was set up looking directly at the only lane I had. At 710 am I typed an extremely long message and hit send. I looked up and this buck is magically standing in the opening looking in my direction. Huge body and mature is all I notice at first, then I see he's legal width. I literally dropped my phone, hooked my release on the d loop, drew and shot. Then picked up my phone and sent a follow up text that said " wholly **** I just stuck a good one" at 710.
                      45 minutes later I had my hands on the first Hagerman deer I've ever shot and the only buck recovered so far this year. Moral of the story is don't be afraid to push the limits of what is considered "acceptable tactics" during extreme weather/lunar conditions, think outside the box, do whatever it takes to stay on stand (Even if it means jacking around on your phone), and never give up on the hag because it can literally happen in less than 1 minute. I've got 3 witnesses to vouch for it.

Love it or hate it the HAG is a hunt of a life time and if you're like me you love it and hate it.

Here's a pic of my set this morning. The fairly large elm tree is the "scrape tree". It was 20 yards exactly from my chair.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by sweetinlow660; 11-05-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Autocorrect is a ***** ain’t it...

Just messin with ya!! Congrats again and way to make the hunt work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          Autocorrect is a ***** ain’t it...

Just messin with ya!! Congrats again and way to make the hunt work for you.
                          Wow that was bad. I think I got the corrections made now..lol

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                            Alright I'm home, deer is on ice, so here goes the story. I posted yesterday that I was going to get extreme and set up in the middle of the bedroom on some very active scrape sign, and I did. I didn't want to build a blind yesterday because of the temps, I was afraid I would ruin the area. So I found the tree I would sit under and came back this morning at about 530 and cut a few small cedar limbs and brushed in a spot under a giant bois d'arc tree in the dark. With the wind this morning I figured the noise would be a minimal disruption. So on to the hunt. As daylight took hold of the morning I was settled in 20 yds from the "scrape tree". Now here is the part I wish I had a super exciting story for but I don't. At around 630 I started talking to multiple hunting buddies via text message. I wasn't to worried about the deer activity because I had not seen a deer in 2 days (23 hrs) on stand. So we are going back and forth joking and hacking on each other. Plus I only had one shot and I was set up looking directly at the only lane I had. At 710 am I typed an extremely long message and hit send. I looked up and this buck is magically standing in the opening looking in my direction. Huge body and mature is all I notice at first, then I see he's legal width. I literally dropped my phone, hooked my release on the d loop, drew and shot. Then picked up my phone and sent a follow up text that said " wholly **** I just stuck a good one" at 710.
                            45 minutes later I had my hands on the first Hagerman deer I've ever shot and the only buck recovered so far this year. Moral of the story is don't be afraid to push the limits of what is considered "acceptable tactics" during extreme weather/lunar conditions, think outside the box, do whatever it takes to stay on stand (Even if it means jacking around on your phone), and never give up on the hag because it can literally happen in less than 1 minute. I've got 3 witnesses to vouch for it.

Love it or hate it the HAG is a hunt of a life time and if you're like me you love it and hate it.

Here's a pic of my set this morning. The fairly large elm tree is the "scrape tree". It was 20 yards exactly from my chair.

Congrats and good little write up. I like the hunting from the ground aspect too..

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                              Wow that was bad. I think I got the corrections made now..lol
                              Like I said, just messin wit ya!! lol

When I shot my buck up there it was in the upper 20s/lower 30s, texting with left hand and was shaking leaves out of the tree.lol I had no idea what I was typing...

Comment

Awesome Deer and thanks for sharing the story sweetinlow660!

Comment

Working...
                                X