ASPCA -vs- Humane society of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASPCA -vs- Humane society of the United States

I was watching the satelite dish today and a add came on about preventing animal abuse! The sponsor of the add was the ASPCA.

I tried to get some info. on them with the computer to see who they were affiliated with, but didn't get much info.

My question is this: IS the ASPCA®, THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS®, affiliated with or the same thing as the Humane society of the United States

I thought they were one in the same.

Comment

I thunk the same thing as TexHunter.

Comment

No, they are different organizations. The ASPCA is an organization which helps enforce laws against animal cruelty. They are more in line with your local humane society. Local humane societies are the good guys that take in unwanted pets, offer low cost neutering and vaccination clinics and euthanize discarded pets. The Humane Society of the United States is NONE of the above and is in no way a "humane society". They are an animal rights organization bent on eliminating hunting, fishing, trapping, rodeos, keeping animals as pets and raising animals for food. They use the name humane society in their title as a way to trick people into making donations to a "feel good" organization, but in no way help animals other than by trying to give them more rights than a human being is entitled to.

-Cheryl Napper

Comment

Huntress is correct. They just use the words Humane Society to confuse the less informed.

Comment

HSUS are the folsk that sue in federal court to stop hunting

HSUS Sucks

Comment

The HSUS is the well-funded very anti-hunting group of nuts. SPCAS are local groups. You have to be really careful. Especially in the big cities a lot of the SPCAs have close and sometimes hidden ties to the animal rights wackos. 20/20 did a special on them last year:

Comment

I think they are pretty much the same, just like the NRA and the Friends of The NRA. Both have the same goals and work closely together. When pressed for funding the USHS has been forced to help fund local SPCA's. This is why its so important to make sure local SPCA's are under funded with tax dollars forcing the anti-hunters to use their funding in these areas and not on their endeavors to stop hunting.

From the ASPCA web-site.

"ASPCA Policies and Positions Wild Animals 6.3 Hunting"

""Because there is no guarantee that wildlife taken in sport hunting will be killed outright or spared the distress of pursuit and possible wounding and escape, the ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed. The ASPCA does recognize that wildlife management may be necessary in situations where animal and human interests collide, but urges that management strategies be nonlethal wherever possible and never include avoidable suffering or distress.""

Muygrande that is a great read and good information. Dave Garcia lobbied for and helped write our animal cruelty laws. If you read the current animal cruelty laws of the State of Texas hunting is against the law as it is written, its just there's an exception to the law that allows hunting. Anti-hunters do not need to pass a law to make hunting illegal, they just have to remove the exception to the law.
                Last edited by Thumper; 12-27-2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

These are the same folks that get those kooks that think its better to hurt or kill a person in the furtherance of their beliefs rather than harvest a deer.

NUTS

Comment

up

Comment

Good thread! Looks like both organizations could care less about hunting!

Comment

Working...
                      X