trump, kim jong meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who the **** saw this comin?!!!
    and this ..on the greatest accomplishment ever...

oh right.

smfh.

Read North Korea's response to a US official's remarks, threatening to pull out of the Trump summit.

North Korean Deputy Foreign Minister Kim Kye-gwan has warned his country could pull out of a summit with US President Donald Trump, accusing Washington of harbouring sinister intentions. Here is his statement in full:

Kim Jong-un, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea [DPKR], made a strategic decision to put an end to the unpleasant history of the DPRK-US relations and met [Mike] Pompeo, US secretary of state, for two times during his visit to our country and took very important and broad-minded steps for peace and stability in the Korean peninsula and the world.

In response to the noble intention of Chairman Kim Jong-un, President Trump stated his position for terminating the historically deep-rooted hostility and improving the relations between the DPRK and the US.

I appreciated the position positively with an expectation that the upcoming DPRK-US summit would be a big step forward for catalysing detente on the Korean peninsula and building a great future.

N Korea threatens to cancel Trump summit
    But now prior to the DPRK-US summit, unbridled remarks provoking the other side of dialogue are recklessly made in the US and I am totally disappointed as these constitute extremely unjust behaviour.

High-ranking officials of the White House and the Department of State including John Bolton, White House national security adviser, are letting loose the assertions of a so-called Libya mode of nuclear abandonment: "complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation", "total decommissioning of nuclear weapons, missiles, biochemical weapons" etc, while talking about a formula of "abandoning nuclear weapons first, compensating afterwards".

This is not an expression of intention to address the issue through dialogue.

'Libyan scenario'
    It is essentially a manifestation of an awfully sinister move to impose on our dignified state the destiny of Libya or Iraq, which had been brought down due to yielding the whole of their countries to big powers.

I cannot suppress indignation at such moves of the US, and harbour doubt about the US sincerity for improved DPRK-US relations through sound dialogue and negotiations.

Will historic Koreas summit lead to peace?
    The world knows too well that our country is neither Libya nor Iraq which have met miserable fates.

It is absolutely absurd to dare compare the DPRK, a nuclear weapon state, to Libya which had been at the initial stage of nuclear development.

We shed light on the quality of Bolton already in the past, and we do not hide our feeling of repugnance towards him.

If the Trump administration fails to recall the lessons learned from the past when the DPRK-US talks had to undergo twists and setbacks owing to the likes of Bolton, and turns its ear to the advice of quasi-"patriots" who insist on a Libya mode and the like, the prospects of the forthcoming DPRK-US summit and overall DPRK-US relations will be crystal clear.

Media captionWhy North Korea is angry at this man
    We have already stated our intention for denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula and made clear on several occasions that precondition for denuclearisation is to put an end to the anti-DPRK hostile policy and nuclear threats and blackmail of the United States.

But now, the US is miscalculating the magnanimity and broad-minded initiatives of the DPRK as signs of weakness and trying to embellish and advertise as if these are the product of its sanctions and pressure.

The US is trumpeting as if it would offer economic compensation and benefit in case we abandon nukes.

But we have never had any expectation of US support in carrying out our economic construction and will not at all make such a deal in future, too.

'We won't be cornered'
    It is a ridiculous comedy to see that the Trump administration, claiming to take a different road from the previous administrations, still clings to the outdated policy on the DPRK - a policy pursued by previous administrations at the time when the DPRK was at the stage of nuclear development.

If President Trump follows in the footsteps of his predecessors, he will be recorded as a more tragic and unsuccessful president than his predecessors, far from his initial ambition to make unprecedented success.

If the Trump administration takes an approach to the DPRK-US summit with sincerity for improved DPRK-US relations, it will receive a deserved response from us.

However, if the US is trying to drive us into a corner to force our unilateral nuclear abandonment, we will no longer be interested in such dialogue and cannot but reconsider our proceeding to the DPRK-US summit.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      who the **** saw this comin?!!!
      and this ..on the greatest accomplishment ever...

oh right.

smfh.
      atta boy

Comment

effin crickets.

Comment

effin crickets.
          well we were hoping.
          I figured something would derail it.

see post #160

Comment

Only hoping because it was Trump ...

Comment

We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Whatever MSM is reporting the exact opposite will happen.

Comment

effin crickets.
                Its still on and we are still waiting?

Comment

It is sad to see that there are people rooting for what exactly, Kim to keep killing and oppressing his people, Kim to keep/get a nuke, Kim to keep disrupting world affairs? I mean I expect it from the media, and some of the loons on the left, but it is like people are rejoicing that NoKo might stay an oppressed chithole, because they dont want Donnie to get credit for fixing anything. That is really beyond sad.

I still say that Trump will continue to make progress in NK.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, the president stressed he would still insist on the isolated regime dismantling its nuclear program. Asked if Kim is bluffing by suggesting he could pull out of the summit, Trump responded, "we'll see what happens."

"We haven't been notified at all," the president said.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    It is sad to see that there are people rooting for what exactly, Kim to keep killing and oppressing his people, Kim to keep/get a nuke, Kim to keep disrupting world affairs? I mean I expect it from the media, and some of the loons on the left, but it is like people are rejoicing that NoKo might stay an oppressed chithole, because they dont want Donnie to get credit for fixing anything. That is really beyond sad.

I still say that Trump will continue to make progress in NK.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, the president stressed he would still insist on the isolated regime dismantling its nuclear program. Asked if Kim is bluffing by suggesting he could pull out of the summit, Trump responded, "we'll see what happens."

"We haven't been notified at all," the president said.
                    Are you a ****ing idiot or just obtuse by nature?
                    NO ONE is rooting for the bad guy...

We dont TRUST the bad guy based on the bad guys history, he entire families history, hes education, his nature, his countries oppression, the countries complete and embracing idea that their leader is a God....
                    Its common sense... something you seem to be struggling to grasp... or just refuse to see because it makes your blind and unprecedented leg humping of a Trump victory in this case seem unattainable.
                    IT IS unattainable.

Comment

Rocket man needs this deal to go through way more than the US...he's too unpredictable for any high stakes but would gamble a beer the meeting happens as of today.

If it doesn't, he loses huge and we stay in our holding pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Rocket man needs this deal to go through way more than the US...he's too unpredictable for any high stakes but would gamble a beer the meeting happens as of today.

If it doesn't, he loses huge and we stay in our holding pattern.
                        Agreed...if it doesn't happen we smile and walk away and continue on with our bubbling economy and living some good life....while his people continue to starve and his infrastructure crumbles.

Comment

I take it all back.

Just found out he sent this to lil Kim.

Comment

Meeting cancelled. Who woulda thought...

Comment

what? thats ****in impossible... lil kim wouldnt go back on his word? I heard China would pressure him... and he was scared of what Trump would say....

silly rabbit, NK is another ****in planet.

Comment

Looks like Trump cancelled the meeting to me.

I still say that it happens at some point in DJTs tenure. So far he has gotten hostages released, a NK nuke site destroyed, NK and SK to meet, and opened a dialogue with the fat man over twitter (), based on a few of the past winners, I am ready to give him the nobel peace prize already
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X