Wife graduated today! My first thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife graduated today! My first thread.

I've never started a thread and can't imagine a better topic to make my first.

The wife has been going to college at LeTourneau for several years now to get her teaching degree, and finally got it done today, graduating *** Laude (with honors)! We had to miss this wonderful day of great hunting weather, but I sure didn't mind. She's been working for the school district here in Jacksonville for about 9 years. Being a substitute at first and then becoming a teacher's aide shortly after. She spent several of those years as a special needs class aide, which was hard mentally and physically.

Attending her graduation where many friends and family who are all very proud of her for this accomplishment, especially since she is working a full time job and taking care of our 2 boys and me (we tend to be very needy). Our youngest son yelled at the top of his 11 year old lungs "That's my momma!" as she walked across the stage. Sorry to go on and on, but it's a very proud moment for me.

God bless her and everyone else who has decided to teach our children for the small amount of money they make.

Thank you for reading, hope I did ok on my first thread.

Congrats to your wife

Comment

Congats to her.

Comment

Congratulations to her. Sounds like she really earned it and deserves it.

Comment

Thanks! I got the "***" for a word that is spelled like a bad word, but pronounced "koom".

Comment

Congratulations to you both!

Comment

Congrats to your wife. And congrats to you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to both of you!! It's a family effort! My daughter graduated from Texas Tech this afternoon so I can sure relate to you proud de and joy! We're celebrating right now! [emoji1][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to her and you! Wife and I are LeTU alumns, she degree'd in education as well. It's a calling for sure, and under appreciated. Kum laude with honors?? Wow. That's a major accomplishment, that school is merciless. Please tell her congrats

Comment

Thanks everyone. She's a great bride! We've been together over 21 years and married over 15. She's never really complained about my hunting habit and started going with me some last year and has gone with me every time this gun season....(which is a lot.....at least every weekend and we took off Thanksgiving week). She shares my conservation views, which is not the ones that most people think east Texas people have! It's great to have a good looking, fun hunting buddy!

Comment

What a fine way to begin your first thread. Going to school while holding down a job as well as being a parent and mate says a lot about your wife. Congratulations to her for being one of the select few to graduate with special recognition.

Comment

Congrats to her! Dedication & hard work pays off. Great that you guys have supported her along the way! Now go kill that beast

Comment

Congrats to your wife !!

Comment

Congrats.. that is an accomplishment

Comment

Congrats to both of you and best of luck moving forward!

Comment

Working...
                              X