No announcement yet.

Cowboy coffee pot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put an egg shell in mine also. Helps settle grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
      You don't measure cowboy coffee . You wait for the water to boil
      then dump some seaport coffee straight from the bag and move the pot uff the fire
      That was my next question what’s y’alls favorite coffee brand ?
      I buy cheap for camp and my wife buys herself really expensive stuff

Comment

Regular Folgers for us. I'm not a big fan of straight black coffee but I really enjoy it when we make it like this

Comment

It will be great to use but I would say your first mistake was cleaning a coffee pot

Trial and error and don’t waste the first pots by making it too weak
          Last edited by 18ncs; 05-20-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            I'm not sure. We use a big measuring cup. You'll have to see how many cups of water are in 5 quarts then figure out a 1/3 cup of coffee for every 6 cups of water. Dang algebra. Practice at home then write it down!

There are 8oz of water per mesure-n cup. One quart = 32oz which = 4 cups of water. Multiply 4 cups x 5 (for quarts) = 20 cups of coffee per 5 quarts of water.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-20-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I'm glad someone stayed awake in math class!

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                It will be great to use but I would say your first mistake was cleaning a coffe pot

Trial and error and don’t waste the first pots by making it too weak
                It was out behind the barn and full of leaves, and sheep po dirt
                It was my great grandparents and had lime scale on bottom from heavy duty use
                But probably will never see soap again to keep it seasoned

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  I'm glad someone stayed awake in math class!

I'll learn spell-n and formal englis whens yousa learn count-n.

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tq7Si7cp2jM"]Cowboy Coffee: How to Make the Best Cup of Coffee - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Can’t say I have ever had cowboy coffee, but I do love coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      And you call yourself a man...

Comment

Nope. First ground that hits my tongue the coffee is drinking is done. That is the nastiest way to make coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          That was my next question what’s y’alls favorite coffee brand ?
                          I buy cheap for camp and my wife buys herself really expensive stuff
                          Best camp coffee right here or even anytime coffee.
                          Black Rifle Coffee Company is a SOF veteran-owned coffee company, serving premium coffee and culture to people who love America.

Comment

My guide up in the Yukon Territory would throw two hands full of coffee into a rolling boil, after about 5 minutes he would take coffee off fire and throw a hand full of snow in it, maybe the best coffee I ever had,30 degree temps, 30-40 mile per hour winds, rain, sleet , snow, could have something to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Nope. First ground that hits my tongue the coffee is drinking is done. That is the nastiest way to make coffee.
                              If you can't chew your coffee it ain't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                                If you can't chew your coffee it ain't that good.
                                I've heard old folks say things like that. I attribute it to senility. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X