Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
    I don't know how some on here think he won't win another major. We are talking about a guy who just made his comeback to golf after battling injuries off and on for over 3 years and he finished Top 5 on the PGA Tour in back to back weeks ... There are a lot of pros who won't have 2 Top 5 finishes in their career! I used to not be a big Tiger fan but I love a good comeback story and like watching him succeed now.
    Agreed! Him finishing top 5 in back to back weeks makes him a HUGE threat going into The Masters in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I don't ever want to see Rory Mcilroy on my TV again unless he is melting down, or getting his *** whipped, or falling into a creek....and I never want to hear him speak again. Screw that little pissant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
        Those other players don't make the ratings go up 180% from the previous year. It is what it is, people who don't play or watch golf tune in to see what he's doing. Good or bad.
        MONEY.........that is the bottom line for the PGA..........and obviously the mass majority of the viewing public is loving it!!!
        I don't know how some on here think he won't win another major. We are talking about a guy who just made his comeback to golf after battling injuries off and on for over 3 years and he finished Top 5 on the PGA Tour in back to back weeks ... There are a lot of pros who won't have 2 Top 5 finishes in their career! I used to not be a big Tiger fan but I love a good comeback story and like watching him succeed now.
        ..........and this is exactly correct.
        It is patently obvious many don't realize there are PRO's that NEVER win a major tournament, but not even a TOP rated tournament. These guys are making one heckuva living by the way and NEVER reach the status of the icons of this sport. The tag line, "these guys are good"..........is really true and the ones that are the ICONS are off the charts GREAT!

Comment

LOL! Where have you heard or read that?
          See the links below. This is from one of his old swing coaches and another golfer. I recall reading/hearing something almost identical from one of his former caddies.

Stories of Tiger Woods’ reluctance to pay for things have made the rounds many times before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I don't ever want to see Rory Mcilroy on my TV again unless he is melting down, or getting his *** whipped, or falling into a creek....and I never want to hear him speak again. Screw that little pissant.

what did I miss?

Comment

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

He's just an obnoxious little peckerhead.

He had a perm for gods sake...[emoji23]

Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-19-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I agree..

But **** he can sure golf....

I did see where he said that alcohol sales should be limited at tournaments....

That wont ever happen

I used to loathe Sergio...now I kinda root for him a little bit, since he calmed down

Comment

LMAO! I've never been a fan of Rory.

Comment

Everybody has an opinion. Just so happens, if Tiger is playing, I will watch on TV. I hope he makes a comback for the sports sake.

Comment

Yep lost his old perm and his European teeth. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

I did see where he said that alcohol sales should be limited at tournaments....

He's even a ****ty Irishman…

He reminds me of these **** Kalifornians who move to Texas because Kalifornia is a ****hole, then want to vote make Texas more like Kalifornia...

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          Dang bro, it's just wrong, no way you can justify it. You used the word "judge" in your post, how apropos. If your child misses a pitch and drops an F bomb are you going to say, Oh well, 99% of athletes do it...
                          As a former athlete, yes I would understand if my adult child droped the F bomb after screwing up. No, I probably wouldn't say "oh well" because I would probably be saying something similar to what was coming out of their mouth. When you are in the moment you don't hear or recognize there is a crowd of people/fans around you. And if you do realize they are all there, things probably aren't going very well for you that day because you aren't truly zoned in on your task at hand.

There are a few athletes that can interact with the crowd and then stop and zone in and focus like Mickelson does but they are the minority.

Comment

Could not agree more. He was 1 shot off the lead with 4-5 holes to go yesterday. Rory went nuts and the rest is history. Could of been a totally different story if Tigers put goes in and ties the lead.

IF he can play 12 majors over the next 3 years, I would think he wins at least 1. Top 5s are going to lead to wins. The guy is still probably the toughest mentally on tour.......that doesn't go away.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              That has nothing to do with the commentary of the event.
                              When he sucks or not even in the field those of us who watch weekly for years do care to hear about him. And neither do the people tuning in to see him.
                              When he is in the field and doing good.....show him.
                              When he is at home or 6 over par....dont.
                              It has everything to do with it, ratings are all that matter and good or bad he puts butts in seats.

Comment

I hope no more of you ever have to hear me play golf than already have…

Comment

Working...
                                X