Lease ride opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease ride opinions needed

I am finally tired of riding a 4 wheeler to the deer stand in the cold, in the rain, then wrestling a deer or pig onto the front or back rack and trying to get it secured down to make the ride back to camp and to the skinning rack.
    So, my question is;
    If you were going to buy yourself a different ride and you were making a choice between 3 different rides that were all at the same price point, all have clear titles, all are mechanically sound.....etc....
    Would you choose a

Yamaha rhino 700

Soft top YJ jeep

Soft top suzuki samurai

If it not too much trouble...why would you make the choice you make

How far you are traveling? I was using my truck for awhile where I hunt but it was taking me a lot longer to get to the blind and way too long to fill feeders because I had to drive 10mph or less. I ended up with a new mule last year and don’t regret it one bit.

Comment

Jeep...

I find SXS a lot louder than a Jeep and my Jeep will go places where my brother in laws SXS got stuck... Jeep sits higher without mods so more clearance on rockier terrain. Jeep came fully enclosed without buying a bunch of additional add ons.
      Last edited by nursejenn; 02-24-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Jeep....

Year round usability, can run to the store for groceries, and it will be worth what you paid 8yrs later unlike a UTV. Almost the same hassle to trailer as a crew UTV's but you can flat tow a jeep unlike a UTV if you choose. Zuks are cool but the age and maintenance would be a negative to me unlike the jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxed Outdoors View Post
          How far you are traveling? I was using my truck for awhile where I hunt but it was taking me a lot longer to get to the blind and way too long to fill feeders because I had to drive 10mph or less. I ended up with a new mule last year and don’t regret it one bit.
          Its not a huge lease so if i went to the farthest stand that is there now .....its around 4-5 miles round trip in typical lampasas county terrain

Comment

Jeep!

Comment

Yamaha your still gonna be cold. Sami to me is too small. I'd go with jeep for cover and size.

I have a 2005 mule 3010 2 seater and really like it for warm weather. I think the ultimate lease vehicle would be an old 4x4 suburban that has cargo doors and a heater and AC that works

Comment

Sami

Comment

Of those 3, the YJ. Parts are readily available. Can drive it into town. Has more power for the highway than a Sami.

Have you considered a Jeep Cherokee? They can generally be found for pretty reasonable.

Comment

Jeep unless you are in extreme rocky and hilly conditions then I'd choose the UTV. Simply because the jeep will beat you to death unless you go slow. Where a UTV is much smoother over the really rocky stuff. I've got both and depending on where I'm hunting is the one I choose. If I'm hunting down in the Devils river country with nothing but rock and canyons I could cut 20 min off my drive to the blind in my UTV. But when I'm hunting NE of Sonora where our ranch is much flatter and roads are in better shape it's a no brainer the jeep is my choice it's much dryer and warmer.

Comment

I thought about a SXS, but a couple of places I cannot get one to my feeder due to narrow tree lined trails. It would take too much trimming of trees to open up the lanes to get a SXS or anything bigger to those locations. I have a small trailer with a removable back gate to haul all my corn and to load all my dead stuff in it when needed. It is the same width as my 4 wheeler and it is easy to load any hog or deer in without any help. Put the back panel back on and no need to strap anything down. When it is cold, I just wear a nice rainsuit to cut the wind and that helps a ton, also wear it during a rain.

Comment

Had 2 SAMI would be my fst choice..But parts are not too avaliable..But you need to be able to work on them...they do not break often.they ride ruff so keep tires at 20psi helps ride a bunch

Comment

Best Buy right here if I didn't have one already, I would be all over this one, fuel injected can't go wrong there, http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=681351

Comment

All of those SxS and jeeps are way overpriced for what you get. Find you a high mileage 4x4 pickup in good shape and come out way ahead with a vehicle that will do a lot more for you. You cant haul jack in that jeep or samauri (feed, dead animals, etc).

I have had 3 SxS and a Jeep CJ7 in the past.

Comment

Samurai or Jeep... a lot cheaper and you have a heater when it gets cold. They do ride rough though .

Comment

Working...
                              X