Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
    Just gotta rub my head like Jeff did last year. And see it worked for him

Be right over!..

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
      Likely getting on a 7,000 acre place south of wall. There are some great deer and I haven't been this excited for a season for a while

Cottonseed prices still best in wall? I come through Rowena as well.
      Who has the best corn prices at the moment?
      I leased several thousand acres on the west side of 1223 off Marathon Oil Co Road for about 12 years in the 80-90s. That Susan’s Peak area was some of the best hunting I’ve ever been involved in.

Good luck to you out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post

Cottonseed prices still best in wall? I come through Rowena as well.
        Who has the best corn prices at the moment?
        Smart bought it all up and is currently offering a TBH bro discount of $500 ton plus delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          I leased several thousand acres on the west side of 1223 off Marathon Oil Co Road for about 12 years in the 80-90s. That Susan’s Peak area was some of the best hunting I’ve ever been involved in.

Good luck to you out there.
          It's off Susan's peak

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Turkeys were out this weekend despite the hurricane winds. We were able to get it done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking bird Brady

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                Turkeys were out this weekend despite the hurricane winds. We were able to get it done!

**** good looking bird!... is that picture altered with a jzoch filter because that is a beautiful bird if that is natural. Reminds me of a light bronze gobbler my grandmother chased with a fury and mounted.

Congrats either way!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  **** good looking bird!... is that picture altered with a jzoch filter because that is a beautiful bird if that is natural. Reminds me of a light bronze gobbler my grandmother chased with a fury and mounted.

Congrats either way!

Hahaha it actually had a lot of color, I just lightened the picture. Fun hunt. Had my little one with us when we filmed it.

Here’s another one. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
                    It's off Susan's peak
                    you won't be far from me. I will be living off Walling Pecan if you ever need anything don't hesitate to pm me! Good Luck, I have seen some monsters out there. The Rocking Chair has some monsters. I don't know how close you are to them but the potential is there!

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                      Hahaha it actually had a lot of color, I just lightened the picture. Fun hunt. Had my little one with us when we filmed it.

Here’s another one. Haha

Daaaang[emoji23][emoji23]. Great bird either way!

Comment

Nice birds.

Cmon rain on Friday!

Comment

Had a great 3 day weekend and got a lot of work done in NW Schleicher Co.
                          Got my brand new Maverick blind put together and in place at my new set up. Will build a 8x8 platform for it soon to get it up in the air a little. I installed some curtains inside it as well. I think I’m gonna really like this new set up

Added another 700lb corn feeder (NOTE: The Academy 600 pound Game Winner Cube feeder holds 700lbs [emoji106]) topped off the 775 lb double barrel feeder (a real PITA!) and put 1,440 lbs of Cottonseed in 2 feeders

Bowsticker and AntlerCollector helped me move a stand I acquired from another lease member to my old set up. THANKS GUYS!! [emoji106][emoji106]
                          I added some Deerview windows to it and also topped off the 2 85gal corn feeders at that location

Put out 2 new cameras, pulled and replaced batteries and sd card on another, did a little maintenance and clean up to my trailer and camp area, ate some good food, shared a campfire with some even better folks and drank an adult beverage...or 2. [emoji108]

Overall it was a very productive but tiresome weekend for an old man. Hardly a hitch..........other than my son and I having to save camp from burning down after a totally careless and negligent act by a lease mate, who shall remain nameless at this time. [emoji23][emoji23]
                          (But that may or may not have been mentioned above?) [emoji6]

Comment

Glad to help get you set up RascalArms! It was a good work weekend at the lease.

Comment

Got my brand new Maverick blind put together and in place at my new set up. Will build a 8x8 platform for it soon to get it up in the air a little. I installed some curtains inside it as well. I think I’m gonna really like this new set up

Added another 700lb corn feeder (NOTE: The Academy 600 pound Game Winner Cube feeder holds 700lbs [emoji106]) topped off the 775 lb double barrel feeder (a real PITA!) and put 1,440 lbs of Cottonseed in 2 feeders

Bowsticker and AntlerCollector helped me move a stand I acquired from another lease member to my old set up. THANKS GUYS!! [emoji106][emoji106]
                              I added some Deerview windows to it and also topped off the 2 85gal corn feeders at that location

Put out 2 new cameras, pulled and replaced batteries and sd card on another, did a little maintenance and clean up to my trailer and camp area, ate some good food, shared a campfire with some even better folks and drank an adult beverage...or 2. [emoji108]

Overall it was a very productive but tiresome weekend for an old man. Hardly a hitch..........other than my son and I having to save camp from burning down after a totally careless and negligent act by a lease mate, who shall remain nameless at this time. [emoji23][emoji23]
                              Yep it's dry as I've seen it out our way, be very careful with the hot stuff!

Comment

I believe my brother and I built that double barrel feeder, how funny is that.

Comment

Working...
                                X