X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good info, thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Ociun View Post
      I checked all the gates I could in a day. I realized that some guys on here are pretty secretive haha! I found one gate with a lot of trucks (no TBH decals), and have been checking all the posts associated with it. Seems like a great spot, with better chances for hogs. Found another place that is worth hopping a fence for. Basically, I'm avoiding big fields, too far from water.
      They have the water available at the Sorefinger area for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of water. Just more walking to get to the brush. I hear a lot of "Sorefinger sucks!", and the next guy says it's thick with pigs. I just recommend people go see for themselves. Even if you never see a pig, it's gorgeous out there. Peaceful, too. I think I might buy a tree stand... for taking naps lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't wait to use my hammock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

hammock

Speedgoat, have you ever hunted from a hammock? I've been wanting to try that. Im an arborist, comfortable getting into and hanging in trees by ropes, and the whole sticks & platform thing seems weird to me. Looking to try something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryango View Post
              Speedgoat, have you ever hunted from a hammock? I've been wanting to try that. Im an arborist, comfortable getting into and hanging in trees by ropes, and the whole sticks & platform thing seems weird to me. Looking to try something new.
              I found a slough to get into. I lay back in the hammock after spreading some hand corn and wait. Of course, you can only do this with a crossbow.

Comment

Y'all better watch out speedgoat is gonna be running around there in his banana hammock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                  Y'all better watch out speedgoat is gonna be running around there in his banana hammock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Ranger panties. ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I went out Saturday and Sunday. Saturday went in through Gate 6 and pushed west towards the pond. On the east side of the pond you can see a ton tracks and areas they have rooted and bedded in, unfortunately no hogs. I went from noon until about 3:30PM. Sunday went to the steps and had no luck there either at about the same time frame. Is anyone else having any luck in this area (definitely tell they have been there)? Maybe it's my time frame? Would I have potentially better luck in this same area early in the am or later closer to sunset or should I try another area? Saw a ton of deer as well. Just curious what you guys are seeing and when?

Comment

Timing

Originally posted by pbaird View Post
                      I went out Saturday and Sunday. Saturday went in through Gate 6 and pushed west towards the pond. On the east side of the pond you can see a ton tracks and areas they have rooted and bedded in, unfortunately no hogs. I went from noon until about 3:30PM. Sunday went to the steps and had no luck there either at about the same time frame. Is anyone else having any luck in this area (definitely tell they have been there)? Maybe it's my time frame? Would I have potentially better luck in this same area early in the am or later closer to sunset or should I try another area? Saw a ton of deer as well. Just curious what you guys are seeing and when?
                      All my friends say to get out there shortly before sunrise, and hang out until right after dark. That's what I'm gonna try. I'd love to know what works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pbaird View Post

Here's a tips for the noobs. Don't hunt easily accessible areas with heavy traffic. Don't hunt the woods in the winter, no cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So many rooks on here... Wow.....if u want to hear pigs running away from u go hunt over by the horse shoe by doppler..follow the creek until it turns into the lake...then walk back to your truck and do the same exact thing at sore finger...u will hear pigs and maybe catch a glimpse of a few hogs.

Comment

And see a lot of big bucks for your viewing pleasure!

Comment

Where is the best place to park to access the area below the ****?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

**** meant to say dam

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X