Fmj arrow build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fmj arrow build

I got some fmj 340s headed my way. They will be 28" long, hoping to put a 50 grain insert and then 100gr broadhead. I'm shooting a Obsession FX7 at 65lbs, at least because it's maxed out. Will the insert make me under spined? What kind of speed should I expect? The arrows run 11.3gpi, should ot me right under 500gr.

What year is your bow? I can't find it in my program.

Comment

Comment

Dang, not in my database. I only have through 2018.

Comment

Thanks for looking

Comment

Out of all the spine programs I've tried, VAP's on their website is the most accurate. Bareshaft tested with 3 diff spine arrows and 2 bows ranging from 55-72 lbs.

Comment

I got a suggested spine of .300, your spine would be almost to 340 @ .333 ideal.

Should work out, arrow will be a little weak I believe though. If you were to drop draw weight to 63lbs at 27" draw I think you'd be right on.

Comment

Maybe I'll just use a reg insert then. Just wanted to up my foc a little.

Comment

I got some of this advice from Troy @ Ranch Fairy, and it's helped tremendously: buy a test pack of field tips in various weights (15$ or so) to bareshaft tune and see what the limit would be for 340's. After that, if it's a little underspined, buy bare shafts in 300 spine from Lancaster Archery (about $30 with shipping). This will be the cheapest method, and much more accurate than any calculator. It's a little more time consuming, but well worth it in the end.

Comment

If you are looking to up your foc look at gold tip velocity arrows . I'm running 50 grain inserts and a 125 grain head .. you may be able to cut the 340s an inch shorter and make them work. V a ps site..

Comment

Should be able to tune the 340’s, but as previously stated you will be on the edge of underspined. My 6mm 340 Axis with 50gr inserts shot great when my Triax was at 65lbs. When I cranked it up to 70lbs I would get some left and right variations past 50yds. Think they were going around 285-287, at least that where I landed on sight tape never sent it through a chrono. Will be slower due to the heavier arrow.
                      Last edited by QACZ71; 08-06-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I’m shooting FMJ 340’s cut to 27 1/4 with the HIT insert and 125 gr heads. 65 pound draw weight at 28 inches. Total arrow weight right at 495 and they fly like darts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          I’m shooting FMJ 340’s cut to 27 1/4 with the HIT insert and 125 gr heads. 65 pound draw weight at 28 inches. Total arrow weight right at 495 and they fly like darts.
                          We have the almost exact same setup then. How much does your vanes weigh and hit insert? I was guestimating 495 with a 50gr insert.

Comment

The factory inserts weigh 16 gr and I am running four fletch blazers. I believe they are 3 gr apiece.

Comment

I sighted in my bow with the new arrows last night. One already had no fletchings so I thought I would fling it with them. I shot it twice and both times it hit with the nock kicked way right. What does that mean? This was at 20yds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X