No announcement yet.

JFT Turkey Tour 2017 [emoji884]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does it look like birds henned up all day and hens not laying yet? Figured it would be further along down there given the early spring

Comment

Saw 8 long beards this morning in that group. 4 were with hens and the other 4 were within a few hundred yards of that group. Had another flock in that place at daybreak that got split up in the brush by a coyote and couldn't tell what was long beards or jakes that were gobbling at me. I eased off from them and went to the third roost on the place and had 6 more solo gobblers that begged to be shot. They gobbled on and on and on. Hens are definitely grouped up in flocks not singles like later in the season trying to slip off to a nest....

Comment

Y'all are making me sick......all y'all gonna be hunting tomorrow!!

Comment

Getting ready to tuck them in for the night....

Comment

Saw turkeys all over the place today in central texas between temple and eastland

Comment

Due to the large groups, I'm thinkin I'll have the strutter out in the mornin.

Just saw these at my neighbors on the way back from roosting some birds

Comment

Snakes are out

Comment

Had to take care of this guy, didn't wanna bump into him near the roost in the morning getting set up.....

Comment

Go time.

I'll update once we're setup.

We're hunting the same spot as we always do on opening day....a large coastal filled on a creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck everybody! I'm jealous to say the least. Post them longbeard pics up!

Comment

Don't know if he'll work this morning but man is he pretty

Comment

We're setup and ready in our usual spot

Birds are roosted on the creek behind us about 200 yards. Sometimes they fly down into this field but they usually don't show up until an hour or so after flydown.

We have the strutter and 5 hens in our set in hopes of drawing the entire flock to us. As of last week, these birds were still flocked up in a group of 25-30 birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck. Nothing Like the Sounds of Opening Morning Gobbles.

Comment

Had a hen and gobbler come in right st flydown. Hen was in the decoys and the gobbler was about 40 yards out then the neighbor fired off some shots (at pigs I would guess).

Oh well

Comment

That sucks! Good luck on the rest of the hunt

Comment

Working...
                                X