Atv road feeder help! What brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atv road feeder help! What brand

I'm looking for a road feeder that will go into a receiver hitch on my atv( I'm tired of the space on my rack being used. I want it to be wireless and wired optional... I know texas hunter products has one that is wireless and a wired optional to the trailer plug. So I have 2 questions, do you like the feeder? And is it easy to set up so you can plug into the 12 volt plug of a atv?( as a second option) also is there any other brand road feeders with a wireless and wired option that y'all like?

50 pounds

Comment

I use the Everlast feeder it's not wireless, but just plugin to 12V outlet and go.

Comment

I use the everlast as well, I use it on both my Ranger and ATV- with a separate plug in controller for each vehicle.
        The basket mesh rack on the Atv and a 2x4 screwed to it helps hold the road feeder up at the proper angle.
        I also added handles to the everlast feeder to make it easier to move around.
        I've had it long enough to replace the 12v motor once, pulled a wire loose today so now I have some splicing and crimping to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My everlast has about 1 bag running time
          And is not working again. First time I tried it, the spinner plate wasn't tightened and I had to dismantle the thing to get to the plate nut.
          Difficult to move with corn in it and crazy sharp corners on the metal
          I went back to pouring the bag out of the truck window.

I hope your mileage varies

Comment

If you decide to go with Everlast make sure you buy the receiver hitch to go with it. Another note make sure you tighten the spinner plate to the motor. There is a little set screw on the side that takes an Allen wrench I learned the hard way LOL!

Comment

Anyone else use them on there atvs?

I may, I was hopeing someone used the Texas products because they are wireless.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                I use the Everlast feeder it's not wireless, but just plugin to 12V outlet and go.
                X1

Comment

I use all seasons but I just wired a momentary switch and put a 2 pin trailer plug on it so when I use it I just put it in the hitch plug it in and hit the button

Comment

I have the THP 50lb feeder. I use it on my golf cart so I only use the wireless option. It is awesome. I have used it for two seasons now without an issue. With the wireless option, there is really no reason to use the wired configuration. Just put a 12V deer feeder battery in the provided space and hit the button.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                      I have the THP 50lb feeder. I use it on my golf cart so I only use the wireless option. It is awesome. I have used it for two seasons now without an issue. With the wireless option, there is really no reason to use the wired configuration. Just put a 12V deer feeder battery in the provided space and hit the button.
                      Thanks for the info. Looking towards this product, about how much does it weigh?

Comment

ever last maybe 15 lbs...

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          ever last maybe 15 lbs...
                          Man that’s light! Anyone use the allseason galvanized, how light are they? I bought a texas hunter products feeder today. It is deffinately built like a tank, seems well constructed, but the thing weighs 44 lbs ( with 12 v battery) which is fine but I am kinda wishing I would have a chance to look at a galvanized all seasons to see the difference in weight. Either way it’s a good feeder and if it was on a utv or lease ride would be great, but I take mine on and off..

Comment

Working...
                          X