No announcement yet.

Killed another pregnant sow tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way-2-go DB! Boars ain't the "onlys" that need controll. I once pulled 8 out of a sow. They would have dropped in the next day or so.

Comment

That's better than my 3 deer with one shot.

I've noticed a bunch of my pigs about the pop with little ones. Many already have. Looks like big rats running around behind the sow

Comment

I needed to shoot a pregnant one - makes up for all of the ones I missed!

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
        Only thing to make that story better (despite the visual) is if you did it in your skivvies or from the porcelain throne.
        Almost and it wouldn't be the first time in my PJ's to shoot a pig! I was about to get ready for bed.

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
        It is really nine....out of a litter of 6 usually only 8 survive.
        Oh yeah! I almost forgot!

For the record, I just shoot pigs and discover the gender when I ground check them.

Comment

Good shootin!

Comment

Got a huge preggo sow coming to one of my feeders but she won't go into the big pen trap. Guess I'm gonna have to go sit and shoot her--winds aren't the best for this place with a bow, but rifle or bow, dead is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
              It is really nine....out of a litter of 6 usually only 8 survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This weekend, I'm thinking about loading my super nova with 00buck first shot for the sow and then #4 steel for the followers .. anybody ever tried that? or the AR

Comment

OO buck shot works good! I heard a story of z guy who shot 6 in a row with buck shot.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                    This weekend, I'm thinking about loading my super nova with 00buck first shot for the sow and then #4 steel for the followers .. anybody ever tried that? or the AR
                    Not steel

Comment

5 shots loaded to fire as such:

Slug
                      #4 buck
                      #4 buck
                      #4 buck
                      Slug

Theory is take the first aimed shot with the slug at the biggest pig in the sounder. Then #4 buck for the scattering pigs. Then the last slug for the cripple or lone pig running straight away. Add more buckshot to make up the difference if you have the room in the tube. I can't begin to tell you how successful that has been for me over feeders in a relatively open area or stalking up to pigs in a hay or crop field.

Comment

Killed another pregnant sow tonight

I've started using 00 buck sitting on a bow feeder. I had better luck with 00 vs. #4. I put out a big pile of corn and let them pile up. I get at least 2 on the first shot, sometimes 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          5 shots loaded to fire as such:

Slug
                          #4 buck
                          #4 buck
                          #4 buck
                          Slug

Theory is take the first aimed shot with the slug at the biggest pig in the sounder. Then #4 buck for the scattering pigs. Then the last slug for the cripple or lone pig running straight away. Add more buckshot to make up the difference if you have the room in the tube. I can't begin to tell you how successful that has been for me over feeders in a relatively open area or stalking up to pigs in a hay or crop field.
                          Yes sir I definitely like your plan here, but i guess i should have clarified.. by "followers" i meant the 8 or 9- half 1/4lb piglets following her around every morning and evening feeder going off. and the other layer is my feeder has become over run with crows.. i figure of i dont get a shot at a pig in a sitting I'll have #4 crow shot already loaded up if that makes sense

Comment

Yes sir I definitely like your plan here, but i guess i should have clarified.. by "followers" i meant the 8 or 9- half 1/4lb piglets following her around every morning and evening feeder going off. and the other layer is my feeder has become over run with crows.. i figure of i dont get a shot at a pig in a sitting I'll have #4 crow shot already loaded up if that makes sense
                            Tannerite?

Comment

Working...
                            X