Fishing on the coast??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing on the coast??

How long before things are back to normal fish wise?

Hopefully not too long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Already are imo. Thresher was out at packery yesterday, catching snook, and caught a mangrove snapper to.
      Talked to a friend in Bolivar this morning, and they were wearing the trout out.

Comment

Good to hear! If the weather holds out I'm hauling the boat down south when we go to rebuild and reconnect.

Comment

Be careful - 2 issues: floating debris and bottom changes (channels may have shifted or are gone). I can tell you that I saw channel markers on shore in Rockport when I was there last week.

G.

Comment

Yeah. I figured I would be learning the place all over again.

Comment

Couple buddies have been doing good in Matagorda this past week. I'm on vacation all week so I'll be hitting it hard this week.

Comment

Derrick, we fished alittle at night after working on the roof on our cabin near Charlies bait camp and caught trout and reds. Luckily have power and water back and a new roof. Search for pics of Sunday beach or J-hook. Gone. Just another pass into the gulf it looks like. We had trout slicks popping up in front of the dock in the intracoastal so maybe they are in the deep water there.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Couple buddies have been doing good in Matagorda this past week. I'm on vacation all week so I'll be hitting it hard this week.
                  I've heard East is on fire. Haven't heard any reports from West.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                    Derrick, we fished alittle at night after working on the roof on our cabin near Charlies bait camp and caught trout and reds. Luckily have power and water back and a new roof. Search for pics of Sunday beach or J-hook. Gone. Just another pass into the gulf it looks like. We had trout slicks popping up in front of the dock in the intracoastal so maybe they are in the deep water there.
                    I wonder if the old coat guard station finally collapsed.....

It will be an interesting boat ride for sure.

Comment

Yeah, probably really changed up all the little cuts and islands in POC. Sunday Beach is now Sunday Pass. Makes me wonder what all happened to the barrier islands on Shoalwater and the Lagoon....

Comment

We didn't get out around Dewberry or shoalwater Hawkpuppy so I didn't see but the levees on the intracoastal where we were at didn't seem changed. but the small passes entering the lagoon and shoalwater on the bay side could be bigger now.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                          We didn't get out around Dewberry or shoalwater Hawkpuppy so I didn't see but the levees on the intracoastal where we were at didn't seem changed. but the small passes entering the lagoon and shoalwater on the bay side could be bigger now.
                          Deeper would be nice!

Comment

West Matagorda Bay will be mess for quite a while with all the crap washing into it from the Colorado River.

East Matty has been good and with some clean water to be found.

POC will be fine just stay away from the West Matty part of it until all the roofs, docks, porches couches tables chairs posts propane tanks steps et al have made their way into the gulf.

Corpus and Port Mansfield are good to go.

Comment

Is Charlie's bait camp open or can you put in there(ramp open)?

Comment

Working...
                              X