DIY New Mexico Gila Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by makotex View Post
    If you get rid of the wire saw are you going to replace it with a hatchet or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I won't replace it with anything. Really no need for it. You can cut between vertebrae to get the head off and in joints on the legs. So not real sure what I would actually use it for lol

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Don't forget to pack a fresh onion... that way you can eat fresh liver and onions when you get some meat on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
          Don't forget to pack a fresh onion... that way you can eat fresh liver and onions when you get some meat on the ground
          Im not much of a liver person. I will 100% be saving the heart tho. Moose heart was one of the best meals ive ever eaten in my life

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08
            I was asked what the fees were

It's BS that a dime needs to go into the diy guides pockets. But the voters win. Capitalism is that everyone can have better odds with more money. But it should just go to the wildlife department as the more you "donate" the better percentage you get having levels of donations keeping a ceiling on a tag cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I know it doesn't weigh anything....but there is no need for the wire saw is there? You can totally dismember any part of an elk with a knife blade.

Comment

I'd stick to the interstate for fast and easy mindless driving.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                  I'd stick to the interstate for fast and easy mindless driving.

Yep that's what I am gonna do. I will stop in El Paso probably and grab a hotel and one last shower. I am meeting the outfitter and my buddy that is hunting with me in Winston the morning of the 14th

Comment

Interstate is way better out there. You'll hit oilfield traffic and lots of towns the other way. Not to mention NMs stupid speed limits. Wide open road the whole way on the interstate. Watch out between midland and odessa. It slows down to 60 I believe. And traffic sucks

Comment

Good luck JT!

Comment

Good luck JT!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck --- following!

Comment

Got some new bullets built.

Comment

Give em hell !

Comment

really excited to follow along on this one! Trying to do something similar in the next year or so. I have serious elk fever, and was going to do a Colorado OTC this year since i struck out on draws, but a new baby made me push it off for another year. Luckily I can live vicariously thru some members here!

Comment

Working...
                                X